Paintings Plus+

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Raaynn, Nov 25, 2019.

?

Do you add deco to your builds?

Always 2 vote(s) 50.0%
Sometimes 1 vote(s) 25.0%
if I get around to it. (aka round Tuit) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I Never do deco. 1 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. I was just doing some more deco this morning, and I have always wondered why there are not more paintings included, even in vanilla mc...

Really have no idea how hard it would be to add more painting designs into the files, but if it were possible perhaps we could have community created painting added? Would be nice to have a wider selection.

Just a random thought...
  2. It's quite easy to do so. I know there are pre-made plugins already to add more paintings.

If it's just for you, and not for others to see, then you can just change your texture pack. But for everyone on the server, EMC would have to make a plugin for it since they don't use pre-made. Again though, it was a very small file to do so.
    607 and Raaynn like this.
  3. A similar thought is what got me started in map art! You should try it out if you haven't
    https://empireminecraft.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/design/782-guide-to-minecraft-map-art/
    Very outdated regarding color schemes, but still relevant!

edit: Bit off topic with my reply, so I'll leave my opinion on the suggestion.

I'd love to see more paintings in game, it would be such a simple addition in vanilla, I honestly don't know why Mojang hasn't added more. I don't see it being viable in EMC, however, at least not per player, unless it cost an absurd amount of money (wink wink rupee sink). Even then, you'd need to set up a way to somehow upload a specific file type with your image, which would either generate a map art in game or act as a downloaded resource pack. Maybe have a "community piggy bank" towards a voted image, if it were possible at all?
    MoreMoople and Raaynn like this.
  4. I had planned on this, just haven't gotten to it yet. Unfortunately there aren't many on smp6 (home) and though I have tried to hire players... they never get to making them. *sigh*

Thanks for the article link though, great for me!