Orebreaker isn't actually Unbreaking 3. (possible bug?)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by navyrob, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Using a haste 2 beacon might have skewed the numbers to reflect better on the non efficiency pick, because the more rapidly it mines, the more likely the"random" value will break. Making for either an amazing durability savings, or a lack of unbreaking triggers.you can test this using extreme versions of the efficiency enchant on a test server.
  2. Before Aikar replied I tested this with exactly 1000 blocks of netherrack. The ore buster had more durability after than the Unb III Eff V pick. I never posted because during my experiment Aikar replied which should have ended any doubt that you were just unlucky.
  3. Sometimes, it just takes more attention from those who matter I guess.
  4. My comment was directed generally and was intended to point out that we seemed to be quoting facts and telling the OP he was wrong rather than checking to see if maybe his observation was right. I have seen it happen before. Someone questions whether something is working properly and they get piled on, then we find out that they were right.

One of the mods has changed your post so we can't refer back to it, but you called the OP an idiot yesterday. I've only noticed other posts of yours on the Forums in the past week. Most of them impress me as rather condescending and caustic so if you want to take my statement personally, feel free to be insulted.
    cddm95ace and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. Meh I could feed the trolls on this thread but I'll save it for another time. Thanks for actually testing. Ive had different results with 3 different Orebusters. Just close this thread though because it seems to attract toxic players.
  6. I have never been referred to before as toxic.
  7. Seriously, my friend, calm down. Pab10s was not in any way insulting you, no need to take it so personally. And, he was actually doing an experiment to test something out for a fellow player (causing him to sacrifice a third of his Ore Buster) which in the end supported your own argument. He just proved what you've been saying beyond a shadow of a doubt, and you are getting pissed at him.

Navy, seems like you had some pretty bad luck with your orebuster, but it seems like Aikar's knowledge + 2 experiments would show that the Ore Buster does in fact have Unbreaking III working properly.
  8. There were no trolls. They all tried to help and then you annoyed them, due to the fact that you kept saying that the Orebuster was broke, even though everyone was testing, and it worked as expected.
  9. Odd thing, earlier this week, I was using a Loot 3 Sharp 4 Unbreaking 3 diamond sword that I made from 3 enchanted books.
    I noticed that the Unbreaking 3 was not working, each hit took away 1 durability.
    After it broke, I made another sword in the same way, only this time the Unbreaking 3 was the first enchant, instead of the 3rd enchant.
    The new sword works properly.
    So, do enchant orders matter?
    Also, I have never before had a unbreaking 3 that looses 1durability with every hit, every time.
    I am glad it broke, and I am glad my new one works well.
  10. unbreaking isnt a guarantee that it will last longer, just that sometimes durability wont be used, because its a "chance" sometimes youll see something like this happen if you get unlucky. i shear alot of sheep with unb3 shears, and ill get random usage out of the shears, sometimes they last all day long, others, only a few minutes
  11. The amount of commas in one sentence...