Ob1's Ubersauce Grinder take 2

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by ob1bob69, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Sorry, but your questions got all jumbled to me. Lol. Seems like you are on the right track, but I'm a little confused as to what you are asking.

I built a "community" grinder out on theeast outpost of utopia. Go north and look up....or maybe not...there may be a few noob towers out there that will get you to it. I haven't been there in months since everyone started using spawners and annihilating the mob cap.

There are a few variations of floor setups there. I built:
    3x3 pads going up maybe 5 floors
    3x8? Pads with signs and water above the signs (mobs will no longer fall greater than 3 air blocks unless a sign is on the vertical side of the pad)
    And a few other...tests.

In any case, it won't work worth a craap, but you can see my thought process. Feel free to tear it up as well, the other guy who helped me make it was JLOPEZ, and I doubt he will mind. Hahaha.
  2. So, I decided to work on it some more. Thought I would give an update for those who were following along. I got the box finally done, 5 decks of 60 X 60 dark rooms. I also got the arena floor done as well as the tubing. The Sorter room is done, (the contols to swith from kill box to lava knife to Gladiator Arena) I just need to extend the switches to the Arena floor. Tonight I started the farms that will spiral down underneath it.

Here was when i had three decks left.

And here is looking down at the Arena Floor.
    And a shot of some of the plumbing.
    margaritte and Dwight5273 like this.
  3. Yeahhhh, I got the stucture finished. Just need to add some animal pens and odds and ends.
    Looking down at the paths up.

From the side.
  4. Absolutely epic! I hope you are proud of yourself because that is amazing :D
  5. D: why didnt you tell me you were taking pictures, I wanted to be in them again lol.
  6. Looks awesome! Let's just hope that with the new update and lower values on enchanted items, that spawners don't get out of control again...and the natural dark rooms will still work. :)
  7. This is epic! Btw have you considered a mob sorter? It'd be fun to fight a arena of only creepers...
  8. ....So how is it working?
  9. This is insane, hats to you for making a amazing base.
  10. Well, it is still not working right. I am pretty sure it's do to the sketchy patch. Mobs will spawn but just stand there frozen. You can walk up to them and push them in the water sometimes. But it seems for the most part they are frozen untill you get within a few blocks from them, then they become active. Because of this, they don't come down. Before the EMC update, it seemed to be working pretty good. And really, when a zombie spawns standing in a torch block..... well, something's just not right. The rest of the base is still awesome. I think i have almost every farmable option available there (except slimes). I will be working on the iron farm next week, and gold farm the following.

speeling errerer
    margaritte likes this.
  11. By the way Margaritte. There are four Guest houses being constructed there. Two are already taken, and I have one reserved for you if you ever want to come out.
  12. Yippie! You know I would love to come check it out. Hopefully it's on a server where I'm not a bajillion blocks out in the middle of nowhere. PM me sometime with directions :D
  13. Gold Farm?
  14. I would love to came and check it out some time ob1bob69 if you will let me ;)
  15. Lol, same.
  16. Just spawner platforms in the nether where pigmen fall to a lower platform and die, dropping gold nuggets. I like to put them around a blaze spawner so they build up as your killing blazes.

Hmmmmm, that is a possibility. Let me think it over.
  17. Could you build one for me (PM)