Note sure where to put this - RES and EULA update

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by mjnoe70, Mar 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am not currently a supporter, though if I reach a point I feel I can, I plan to...

So one item I am interested in the impact of is the number of residences and how the EULA will impact those numbers. Would you be able to move to a rental system on residences purchased by rupees for residences > 1 with a much higher rate for each EG: 50,000r a month for residence 2, 100,000 for residence 3 and 200,000 for residence 4 and 400,000 on utopia with discounts by supporter level. This may not work as it is almost like giving someone rupees for paying but I was thinking it takes away the "advantage" of the only way to get more residences is to be a supporter. Anyway, I just thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. I did do a forum search for past discussions and all I could find was related to the extra rupee changes and "A" change in the logo.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. I think it's plausible, but, maybe, not soo high in the $$ cost, as some non-supporter EMC players can be poor, or, don't get the nice bonus money everyday. Maybe 10k for 1, 20k for 2 ... well, thats a little low, because if it's that low, you would have people like 10+ reses, there should also be a automatic payment system, Annnnnd, nice pun with the 'A'

I woul (EDIT: Would**) give a +1 ... and I have to say, mjnoe70, I am very impressed with your forum behavior, you have been making conversations, helping people, and really, just overall being a very good EMC player.
    ChespinLover77 and mjnoe70 like this.
  3. Thanks takenID, I think its part of one of the threads yesterday that didn't gain complete support that I feel many who do not stay with EMC or don't know about this side of the community and things going on. I know some of the points or suggestion made by myself or many, may be invalid or improbable but its like the vote boards. Skip the reward, we are all rewarded with players the higher/more visible this server is. Then being able to really sell the whole package so everyone knows what all is going on and available is key.

NOTE: It took me roughly 60 days before my first post. I had only visited this web site for help (starter guide/signs and stuff) and to vote.

One of my searches in google for something in game got me a link to a forum page and the rest was history. Many people don't go that far. Sadly, I think EMC is probably one of the best organized overall servers out there and much of teh contact is not only easy to find, but use in game and understand.

So that was off this topic, but back to the point of the amounts, the idea was the first residence was free then the costs were higher to stop from having multiple alts and so on for one character allowing them a grid of 40. Even in general, only one of a persons alts will be supporter level or a couple. I am really just looking for a possible EULA solution so we do not have the multi address perk go away.

The flip side, since you made me think more on this, is how do you handle non-payment once funds run out. How would the permanent non-derelict status work, would they be able to make one address per non-derelict voucher? If you had 4 res, how do you order which ones go away when non-payment happens partially (in an auto draw situation) like I have all and owe say 100,000 to pay for them all but only have 80,000. That will pay for say 2, but not the 3rd/last one. Which is the last one and what happens to that "plot" does it go in to derelict status or after 30 days? How do you plan for it, because what happens if I built a mall on one, I may want that one saved but my tree farm destroyed. I guess it would require a way to "set" priority in residences.

Whew way to much to chew on...
  4. Residences are EULA compliant.
    ShelLuser and zankins7 like this.
  5. Thanks Krysyy, I was under the impression that supporter level additional residences were not. My mistake. Would there be a possibility of adding in a pay 'R' for more residences?

May be a way to get some extra rupees out of the game and allow use of many derelict locations...
  6. The only reason we currently have such a high number of derelict residences is because we recently expanded the town by adding more residences in total. Therefore, when a new player goes to join, the system prioritizes removing certain residences, and only if there are no open ones available. With many open residences available, there is no need to remove the derelict ones.
    zankins7 likes this.
  7. Lol, so I was just looking for a way to take advantage of that as well. The towns are quite awesome so I'm really not complaining. ...but it would seem to be a great option for an iron supporter or gold supporter to be able to purchase up to the 4 residences. Since they are not say "diamond" they would miss out on other perks like the tags and what not but would be able to increase the area or be active on more than one server still. Same for active non-supporters as it would be a way to move rupees in the economy. Of course, this may create the flip side issue of not being able to find open residences for new players.

There is no need to respond, I have to assume "R" based residences are not currently something being reviewed for EMC it appears. If there is no issue in the EULA, then that really takes care of my initial comments anyway.
  8. Oh so the server doesn't delete derelict residences until we start running low on open ones?
  9. Correct. The derilict system only deletes when it is nessessary to do so.
  10. I know I'm late to all this but oh well ;)

Even if the whole system was not EULA compliant then the whole thing wouldn't impact the numbers but merely the system as a whole. Key asset here is that you can obtain supporter status even without paying IRL money.

Considering that this is a suggestion thread and no official ruling has been given:

I'd definitely not be in favor of a rental option unless it doesn't replace the current system (which I think is what you're aiming for?). This isn't just personal dislike but I can also imagine so much drama ensuing from this: people just won an auction and are almost broke, forgot about the reoccurring "rent" and wham: they lose their residence(s) because they can't pay for it.

Although you're right I think you're also overlooking the fact that you can become a supporter without having to pay EMC anything. I'm not that active in the economy (I basically save up, then get myself something bigger, then start saving up again) but despite that I've also managed to get myself a gold voucher once fully in-game. Rupees only. By simply voting (lots of voting, lol!) and selling off a few items.

And that is one of the key assets in that EULA: it needs to be fair. Which is also why I really appreciate the supportership, also because you can get it both ways.

(EDIT): and congrats on going diamond by the way! :)
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  11. This thread can be removed/archived/closed... If the current structure is compliant with the EULA then I see no reason for any changes. I had thought I read somewhere that the residences were not compliant with the EULA but it may only be related to Utopia and after further review maybe even that is ok. Thanks to all for your responses though.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. The best way to do that is to report it (the original post) by using the link at the bottom. No worries: reporting posts on the Empire is done for more things than merely rule violations. So report your post, tell them what you said here (that it can be closed / archived / etc.) and then staff will handle it (or not) :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.