Notch gets a THREAT!?!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by BrickStrike, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Dat tiger bunny. :D
    brickstrike and PandasEatRamen like this.
  2. That's pretty much the sum of it, assuming their trademark is still valid.

While I'm not a fan of copyright and trademark laws as they stand, this is one of those lawsuits that isn't outright stupid, just misplaced (as Haerhitman already mentioned). There's nothing inherently bad about protecting your IP, and "Putt-Putt" golf is their trademark. I don't think there's any actual damage being done by Minecraft servers mind you, but that's for courts to decide. The problem, if they honestly expect to get anywhere, is making sure their lawsuit is directed at the right people. In this case, that means C&D's to the operators of Minecraft "Putt-Putt" servers.

Wouldn't really be so bad for them to just say "minigolf" anyway, but I know there are folks out there who'd rather just facepalm because "ermagerd another lawsuit, wtf is wrong with ppl" and piss on them out of spite.
    PenguinDJ and PandasEatRamen like this.
  3. Hm. This reminds me of a mini golf course that was in my hometown (before I moved to my current town and got addicted to MC)... I believe that "Putt-Putt" was in the name and a while after I moved here, it got shut down or something from a lawsuit... Coincidence? I think not. \o3o/
    brickstrike likes this.
  4. cardog.jpg

this is gonna become a real problem for the kids out there...
    PandasEatRamen and samsimx like this.
  5. PenguinDJ likes this.
  6. ░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
    ░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
    ░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
    █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
    █░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
    ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
    ░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
    ░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
    ░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
    ░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
    ░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
    ░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░
    ^Its meant to be a troll face.
    5chris100 likes this.
  7. How is that relevant? Get back in the corner, Pat.
  8. The car is called Putt-Putt. He's from some children's adventure and puzzle computer games.
    PenguinDJ and brickstrike like this.
  9. NUUU NOT PUTT-PUTT That game's awesome D;
  10. Oh. .-.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.