No more emerald ore!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Bobalek, May 28, 2012.

1. He Should Add Tacitos , Tacos, Bacon Soap, Chocolate Bubblegum Milkshakes, And Biscuits
  2. Im happy the ore is gone. I dont want a reset at all. I spent a long time and got very lucky finding 5 spawners close enough to each other to wire together. Spent countless hours making it nice. No reset vote for me
    Nole972 likes this.
  3. Watch Them Reset Just The Area Your Spawners Are In :p
    oidgod likes this.
  4. Or I Can Plant Cocoa Plants On My Trees;)
  5. I don't want a wild reset because I have boxes across 4 servers and most of them are a 2-4 hour journey from outpost to box and back.. That would take me forever to get everything back to town.. And most of the boxes would require two trips to recover everything..
  6. As I have said before, any unrendered chunk can potentially spawn anything that isn't already spawned.. Besides the fact that you can plant cocoa beans on jungle logs.. I already have 2 farms on different servers setup, just waiting for the update, one however, I would have to tear down and rebuild if there was a reset. Villages already spawn in the desert as it is..
  7. Guys, everything that you say good about cake Rob will like.
    Cake Rocks My World <3
  8. Uh, they are also updating villages, and stuff. So we might need to. If you want Emeralds ,just trade with villagers.
  9. Wait wait wait, wat.
  10. ?
  11. not important enough. now, lets say, they add a new biome! thats worth a wild reset. pyramids will be found in newly generated deserts, the server is anti villager anyways so the only pro about villages would be easy material gathering, and you can already find villages. so its not worth a wild reset.
  12. I don't know, I'd think another reset would be cool. I mean, Just the wilderness. I've been to just about every server in the wild since the reset, and they all have been ruined already.
  13. But you have to remember that people completely live out there. It takes forever to find multiple non spider spawners. One of the big reasons for not reseting the wild a lot is to make it more vanilla and also for the people who live out there.
  14. I understand where you're coming from, but wont people be able to use the reset perks again? And it's not like dungeons are impossible to find. I had several before the first reset, I have just as many now. And as far as res' outside of town, this is kind of a way to find a better place. Do you see what I'm saying?
  15. Do you have a bunch of single spawners? Or a triple spawner setup like me? It took a looooooong time to find three spawners:/
  16. A lot of very hard work went into the wild. Just because all you can see initially in the wild is nuke zones and terror, there is a lot more to be seen. Come check out the Last Light Outpost on smp7. We are definitely not ruined; we haven't been griefed almost at all in the course of several months, and new people are coming every day to build something sweet and add to the community. A lot of work went into that place, and everyone there has been moaning about a reset since the very notion of another one.
    My point is is that not everything is all bad. There are a lot of gems out there. The last wild reset was necessary because the world had been around for ages, and had a lot more damage and destruction, as well as a lot more communities. However, that one was necessary because jungles and the height limit were hugely important, and so much of the wild was explored that it would be very difficult for most members to get out there and discover them. With this reset, the cons greatly outweigh the pros. Honestly, what are we resetting for? Some cocoa, green ore, and pyramids that no one is really missing right now anyway? Please.
  17. Besides that technically, its only pyramids and emeralds that wouldn't be close to spawn because supposedly, cocoa bean can be planted on jungle logs manually, so anyone with 20 rupees can go into the empire store and buy cocoa beans to run into a jungle biome to plant them..
    jkjkjk182 and SecretAznEks like this.
  18. Some of us have much bigger ambitions than Town can support. We also prefer the more vanilla gameplay. my palace that Max and I are designing is 80x64~: http://aikar.co/db/mc/epalace.png (This isnt on EMC yet, just planning ahead on my server with creative and world edit)

And thats on top of the main area which is 88x80

That problem is fixed by simply issueing a period reset.

I'm not sure why this isnt automated yet, but there is no need to do a full wild reset to fix the bombing zones outside the wild.

Justin simply needs to trigger a reset, then all good!
    autumnrain26 likes this.