[Newbie event!] Shell's starting goodie bag!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, Jun 15, 2017.

1. I agree but I also want to raise a small point of concern: don't overdo it ;) There are also plenty of new players who come online for a few days and then disappear, never to be heard from again :(

Now, although it is tempting to do so am not saying that giving them such a box would be a waste. After all: you give stuff away for others to enjoy and if they enjoyed it (even if it only was for 3 days) then it's still mission accomplished in my book.

But... I also think it's a fair concern to keep this scenario in mind. I sporadically do a few weird things for new(er) players but these days I mostly focus on players who already have been online for a few weeks and who are not likely to bail anytime soon.

Thanks for your comment!
  2. So yeah, parrots are now a thing and I think if you're new to the server then a parrot can be a good thing to have around so that it can warn you for hostile mobs. As such: we're adding a parrot to the prize pool :)
  3. Less than 100 days might be a bit much, for example I am just shy of 100 days and have a pretty strong supply of most of those items (some I could have if I was a better hoarder). On the other hand the concern that new players may just disappear is also valid. If you do another giveaway like this you might want incentives for more established players (ie supporter/vault/stable vouchers) or to shorten the length requirement to less than 50 days. You might get more participation that way.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. And the winners are....

So I was sorting out the prizes, Aya comes online and she helped me and then also realized that there were 3 contestants. And so she insisted, this called out for Aya's fairness policy: there should be 3 winners "just like with sports!".

Of course this is Empire Minecraft, so we don't have Gold, Silver and Bronze. Nope, we're doing things "EMC style": Diamond, Gold and Iron (based on the supporter levels).

1st prize
    • 1 stack of Jungle & Dark Oak wood.
    • 1 stack of Diorite, Andesite & Granite stone.
    • A 127 speed horse with saddle and diamond horse armor.
      • Together with a 121 speed horse to breed and a stack of golden carrots to make it happen :)
    • Aya's favorite bow (and arrows).
      • One of the few bows which has Infinity + Mending (and.. Unbreaking III, Power V, Punch II and Flame II).
    • Momentus toothpick, a Notch apple and a vault voucher.
    • A strength 3 llama.
      • Together with carpet as a 'saddle', a lead to tug it along, a strength 2 llama for breeding and one stack of haybales to make that happen.
    • A parrot + a name tag to name it (it's probably a better idea to rename the spawn egg with an anvil so we'll include that too as a last minute prize (not in the picture)).
    • 2 Mooshrooms.
    • And the best prize of them all: A pig (spawn egg) named Chuck! :D
    Oh, the light blue dye you ask? That's to recolor your shulker box if you'd like, because the shulker box itself is also included. But more about that below...

MandTrule!

Sorry, no random.org screenshots this time. I kept all 3 numbers in mind, I clicked 'Generate' for minutes already and just when I saw a winning number I had already mistakenly clicked on generate again by accident :confused:. This post is taking it's sweet time enough already ;)

2nd prize
    • 1 stack of Acacia & Spruce wood.
    • 2 stacks of glass.
    • A 125 speed horse with saddle and golden horse armor.
      • Together with a 121 speed horse to breed and a stack of golden carrots to make it happen :)
    • A strength 3 llama.
      • Together with carpet as a 'saddle', a lead to tug it along, a strength 2 llama for breeding and one stack of haybales to make that happen.
    • A stable voucher to put your new horse in.
    • An iron pickaxe & iron sword.
    • A bucket of milk (cures status effects).
    • More spawn eggs: A parrot, 2 mooshrooms and Chuck the pig's uncle!
    • And yellow dye to color your shulkerbox.

misteryum123!

Sorry, no random.org screenshots this time. I kept all 3 numbers in mind, I clicked 'Generate' for minutes already and just when I saw a winning number I had already mistakenly clicked on generate again by accident :confused:. This post is taking it's sweet time enough already ;)

3rd prize
    • 1 stack of Oak & Birch wood.
    • 1 stack of plain stone and cobblestone.
    • A 123 speed horse with saddle and iron horse armor.
    • A strength 3 llama.
    • A stable voucher to put your new horse in.
    • An iron pickaxe, iron sword and an iron hoe.
    • A bucket of milk (cures status effects).
    • Spawn eggs: A parrot, 2 mooshrooms, and Chuck the pig's nephew!
    • And light gray dye to color your shulker box.

sammichman102!

No random.org screenshot, simply because I didn't have to after having picked the other 2 winners (but there were a few complications, you can read the other spoilers for more info on that).

Prize pickup!

So the good news is that you guys will also win the shulkerbox which contains your prizes. This makes it a real "goodie bag" which you get to pick up. The bad news is that this can severely hinder the pick up because you can't /mail nor /vault full shulkerboxes. So if you don't have a residence where you got both build & container flags your only option would be to empty the box in the waste or frontier.

Fortunately you guys live on both SMP2 and SMP4 respectively. My residence is on SMP2, and Aya's res. is on SMP4 and she has already agreed to help out. So if you live on SMP2 you follow the SMP2 pickup, if you live on SMP4 you follow the SMP4 pickup.

All instructions are also sent to you in-game through /mail (written book)

SMP2 pickup

If you live on SMP2 then use /v shelluser or /v 3544 to go to my residence. Enter the house and look on your right. You'll see 2 access chests (1st & 3rd place winners).

SMP4 pickup

Use /v ayanamikun shop or /v 9093 shop to go to Aya's residence. Walk in and look on your left. You'll see the auction pick up area with a placed access sign. That contains the 2nd prize ready to be picked up.

The aftermath....

This particular event is now over, but in a sense it has only just begun. Because as you can see in the OP there have been a few donations (the leather armor got left out as well as several donated horse spawn eggs) and those will be given away to the intended player group (newer players).

But more about that will be posted soon enough!
    EnderMagic1 and AncientTower like this.