New Utopia Server - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I love you. :oops:

This is why. :D
  2. I too agree, it is sort of a disadvantage for us Gold Supporter (I don't mind spending an additional 10$, but there are other supporters who cannot pay more as well), and I understand where he is coming from, the idea of having a 60x60 lot is clever, however, I think it would easier to allow Gold Supporters (2) residents either on smp1 or smp2. And permission to farm; gather material from Utopia wasteland.
  3. I think you read me wrong, by all means, I am satisfied with the perks I am given. I just don't understand this:

In this new Utopia plan, everyone is gaining BUT the 'Gold Supporters'

Diamond - Get a 120x120
    Iron - Finally get to visit Utopia; with additional bonuses.
    Gold - Nothing changes, they get to use Utopia same as before
    Regulars - Get to visit Utopia as well to buy ONLY.

I agree with most, Diamond supports should get more benefits, but for Diamond Supporters to receive even more of a benefit increases the 'gap' and the 'gap' between Iron - Gold is decreases. So would it be wrong to say that Gold Supporters 'gap' is getting ruined by Diamond Supporters gap increasing and Iron increases as well leaving the Gold Supporters to receive "little gap' from Iron? Also keep in mind Diamond Supporters get 1300R a day. (again I don't mind this)
  4. Iron Supporter - Supporter access perk. Permitted to wander outside of town. NO mining/building privileges.
    Gives incentive to move up to Gold Supporter.

Gold Supporter - Building/mining privileges outside of town only.
    Gives incentive to move up to Diamond Supporter.

Diamond Supporter - Claim a 120x120 plot. Full privileges granted.

all iron supprters get is a instant axccess slot and some extra rupees
    upgrade to gold and you can mine in utopia wilderness
    upgrade to diamond and you can build in utopia city

it's a nice difference at each level and sorry to say but we can argue this all day but in the end somethings worth is relative to the person buying it if you don't feel something is worth it don't spend the money on it
    Twitch1 likes this.
  5. How does that make sense to you, I am curious? I will buy Diamond Support, but I am still curious how you deem that to be reasonable by ANY means, you say paying more is paying more, yet you establish that Iron getting almost equivilant of what Gold gets, Gold gets 2x more money, but Diamond is getting a 120x120 lot, and a 60x60 lot, and twice as much money as Gold gets. Gold has 2x more money income. And right to farm on wasteland. (which is already the case) so what will Gold receive from this ordeal? Everyone is gaining but Gold.
    I honestly don't mind. I would love nothing more to donate more to this server. I love to play here but am confused on this.
  6. how is iron gaining? woo i get to see the world without using the map, big deal
  7. no gold is gettin more than iron and i told you how

iron = extra rupees and are always able to log in
    gold = extra rupees and use of utopia wilderness and able to always log in
    diamond = extra rupees use of utopia wilderness use of utopia city and always able to log in

in the end
    iron gains nothing
    gold gains nothing
    diamond gain something over gold finally
  8. But look at it this way, Gold ISN'T gaining anything they don't already have.
    Iron IS gaining access to Utopia
    Diamond IS gaining access to 120x120.
  9. iron is NOT gaining access to utopia EVERYONE (normal members included) can visit utopia city thats it iron is gaining nothing
  10. Sorry guys, we can always tweak the supporter benefits as we go :) I know that we will never find a perfect solution for everyone but I am trying my best and appreciate everyone's input, but we are all friends :)
  11. Look at this system for what it is... A graduated subscription.
    In a graduated subscription, you have your core (Level 1), which is built upon with each level increase. Subscribing to the next level grants additional rewards for your contribution.
    The graduated levels retain core elements from each prior level, granting greater rewards for greater contributions.

In the Empire this graduated subscription is divided into 4 levels.
    Level 1 -- Member
    Level 2 -- Iron Supporter
    Level 3 -- Gold Supporter
    Level 4 -- Diamond Supporter

The basic components are:
    Access free slot on both servers. (smp1, smp2)
    100R sign-in bonus.
    Claim one (1) 60x60 Lot in Town.
    White in-game id.

Contributing $5 gains you level 2, Iron Supporter.
    The perks are:
    Guaranteed access to server for entirety of subscription, granted in 30 day increments.
    Additional 300R daily bonus, totaling 400R.
    Silver in-game id.

Contributing $10 gains you level 3, Gold Supporter.
    The perks are:
    Additional 300R daily bonus, totaling 700R.
    Access to Utopia world.
    Gold in-game id.

Contributing $20 gains you level 4, Diamond Supporter.
    The perks are:
    Additional 600R daily bonus, totaling 1300R.
    Light-Blue in-game id.

As the Empire currently stands, the Diamond Supporter is not properly graduated.
    Once smp2 was introduced, the opportunity to address this became possible.

We now have an interconnected multi-server community. You have the ability to log into either server and communicate with the residents there. You have the Vault, an interconnected storage system to transfer resources from one server to the other.

With this new capability, we can now minimize the maps generated per server to Wilderness and Nether. This allows equal opportunity of experience in either current server without the confusion of Wasteland.

This capability of running multiple servers without issue allows for a brand new server dedicated to Utopia.

A bit about Utopia:
    This world has its own wilderness, where night never falls. In the past, access was solely granted to our Gold Supporter and Diamond Supporters. They were capable of mining without threat of mobs attacking. They were able to hide out from standard members and have their own hidden community. This did not fit into the Empire's formula of open, interconnected communications. The discussion was put forth to the supporters, from Iron to Diamond: "Proposed Utopia Changes."
    I put forth my well intentioned and well received proposal.

Thus, the following changes will be implemented.
    Utopia WILL in fact be held on a separate interconnected server.
    Utopia town will be accessible by all players.
    Opening Vault in Utopia Town will cost 0R.
    Utopia will have a wilderness accessible only by Gold Supporter and Diamond Supporters.
    Utopia will have 120x120 lots claimable solely by Diamond Supporters.

The components that make up the core player will become:
    Access free slot on all servers. (Smp1, Smp2, Utopia)
    Access to Utopia Town.
    100R sign-in bonus.
    Claim one (1) 60x60 Lot in Town.
    White in-game id.

Contributing $5 gains you level 2, Iron Supporter.
    The perks are:
    Guaranteed access to server for entirety of subscription, granted in 30 day increments.
    Additional 300R daily bonus, totaling 400R.
    Silver in-game id.

Contributing $10 gains you level 3, Gold Supporter.
    The perks are:
    Additional 300R daily bonus, totaling 700R.
    Access to Utopia Wilderness.
    Gold in-game id.

Contributing $20 gains you level 4, Diamond Supporter.
    The perks are:
    Additional 600R daily bonus, totaling 1300R.
    Access to claim one (1) 120x120 Lot in Utopia Town.
    Light-Blue in-game id.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope this will help alleviate the confusion.

I truly love the Empire. I log into the forums every single day. I put my heart and soul into everything I do within the community. I honestly treat the Empire as my second home.
    I know this is Justin and Jeremy's creation, but I feel that in some small way that the Empire is my baby, too. :) I admit, without hesitation, that I was overjoyed when I read the Justin was going to implement my proposal.
  12. lol noooo I think everyone gets it :)
  13. Oh I thought he said quit, wow anyway. I was like WTF! lol. Thanks for making more sense of it lol. Well sweet there's your diamond support money lol.
  14. I had to break it down... I know he wanted it to end. Instead, I cleaned up my disjointed nonlinear posts and took the time to concentrate*, focusing on grammar, division of category, and highlighting the core changes.
    Remember, this is still just proposal. I am merely outlining the exact train of thought I followed to come to my original proposal. This further explains what Justin has posted outside of the Supporter Forums for the entire community to read. :)

*Got the wife to let me go "to bed" an hour ago. :D
    JustinGuy likes this.
  15. I also noticed you messed up on 3 things each level should be one level higher you said level 1 was iron, in fact it is level 2 according to your beginning statement. Well thought out and put together.
  16. Technically there is a 0 group, it is Guest and you move from it to regular when you finish the tutorial (is used to be when you joined the site). But perhaps that is getting off topic lol
  17. -Faust, and whoever else reads this
    What is hard to understand is that Gold supporter is actually receiving what Gold deserves. The way to think of it is, Diamond was not given enough, an additional 700R, or whatever it is from gold member, isn't a big enough incentive to go diamond. I went diamond because I love the server and I WANT TO SUPPORT IT!

Like I said in an older post, I would have gone diamond even if it was available for gold/diamond supporters. I don't think a situation like this is worth posting augmentative conversations. This is a great community and I think to support is to support and that's that. The additional benefits are good to get those who only care about upgrading to get the best. Needless to say there is no need for anyone to go back and forth on each other. No one did it here, but it is just being said to prevent an occurrence.

Like Justin said "Sorry guys, we can always tweak the supporter benefits as we go :) I know that we will never find a perfect solution for everyone but I am trying my best and appreciate everyone's input, but we are all friends :)"

That says it all! "we are all friends :)"
    Lets keep it that way. We ARE a community, so lets work together to make it the empire we all set it out to be!

Sincerely and in great hopes for this mighty Empire,
    NinjaWolf | Elite
  18. I guess you could put a level 0 (zero) but what the heck, lol. Lets not have him have to repost:p just kidding. :D
  19. Edited the lines. Noticed the level labels when I re-read it again, just a moment before your message posted. :D

Technically, yes a level o -- Guest does exist.*
    However, I believe detailing this particular portion is moot to anyone who will truly be interested in the Empire happenings.
    Considering most Guests who graduate to Member do not retain the knowledge found in the Empire Guide, I highly doubt they will read any of the threads in the forums.
    This is evidenced by the repeated "When will this server upgrade to 1.0.0?" requests from our newest Members.

*I will detail it, if the desire is high enough.. Show me your desire by liking this post. If I receive 20^ likes on this alone, I will detail Level 0 -- Guest.

^Yes, I am shamelessly whoring myself for "Likes"...
    travo97, GameKribJEREMY and JustinGuy like this.
  20. Thanks for being patient supporters. This new server will launch tomorrow (Friday the 25th) at 6:00pm ET (23:00 GMT). I will start a countdown clock on the home page so everyone can know exactly when it will launch. The new residences for Diamond Supporters will be on a first come first server basis, sorry we can not "reserve" certain ones for anyone it wouldn't be fair.
    Twitch1 and MR2R2M like this.