new 'Player Tutorial' Design idea

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by KatydidBuild, Jun 23, 2020.

1. I would like to expand on some of the new player ides that have been suggested. Not working on the exact wording here. Just explaining the ideas that I have.

Start with a new styled interactive tutorial. There are 3 res that the player will move through and learn about EMC.

An interactive area, calling it a 'res' for now, and would allow some claiming of materials. (like the recent Easter egg hunting event, there are some stone/wood/coal/seeds/saplings/food/torches that can be picked up at certain spots that infinitely refill). This res would have several biomes from where to gather these items: a forest, a mine, a desert, an ice biome, and an ocean (with water) While walking through this area, there will be signs/holograms at the different stations, for:
    "There is no teleporting once you leave a spawn"
    “there is a waste, mine and gather here” and “there is a permanent /Wild Frontier – Build here with other players”
    /map and /assistant are a thing.
    Lock/Access signs demo
    Stable explained and Eggify explained
    Bmode enable is a thing.
    Vault explained

Next Player continues to an empty residence plot in Town (for display purposes, not their res) , and is told “this is your grief protected area, you may give perms or make a shop sign – players can visit you – no mobs – already set as /home – only dirt – build your way”

Economy mentioned:
    Register on the forums – sell signs explained and demo them – rupee currency & balance info

Quick run through the Rules & Features:
    Survival based Smps with 9 wastes and 9 wilds, Plus nethers waste worlds and End worlds
    “no hacking or xray or cheats”
    “no griefing or stealing”
    “family friendly environment”
    “pvp – only in arena, otherwise not allowed”
    Chat controls mentioned
    /ps for player settings

Player finishes and spawns in Town - FACING the /WASTE portals in town, instead of the present Wild portals... because that is an issue with where new players choose to go.

Hopefully this helps with the constant questions in chat about "what do i do here?"

Your input is requested. If I didn't explain something very well, ask. And what did I forget?
    Not looking for this thing to be huge, but .... draw them in and help them understand about Town & survival, because that is unusual.
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
  2. +1!! This would be less confusing and more interactive. A fun way to get the new starter items too! I feel like the information would also be more memorable.
  3. Bump.
    Hit me with more ideas or thoughts?