New Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by bitnibbles, Mar 23, 2017.

?

Would you rather have this feature added or not?

Yes, it would be useful. 6 vote(s) 100.0%
No, It would be a waste of coding and time. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hello! I am bitnibbles, a former SMP4 member who now lives on smp9.
    While Living on smp8, I have discovered that there are a LOT of outposts and community utilities that have a lot of great and expensive potential/resources.

Now i'm sure that you are wondering the main reason why this thread was created. The reason, the REAL reason is... I believe that Aikar should add a feature to locked chests. Currently, you can only lock a chest with 3 users. (The three below the first line on the locked sign.)

If we could lock chests with more than 3 users, that would be great. How would we do it? Read below.

In brackets, we would put the following on another sign that rests on the chest:
    <playername#2> |
    <playername#3>. |
    ----------------------

This feature would be very useful for large public utilities and outposts with a lot of potential and resources.
    If Aikar would add this feature to emc, i'm sure it would make things alot easier.
    Vote in the polls above to help the current situation.

Feel free to drop a comment/reply below!
  2. Not a bad idea! A simple one that I actually understand. I'm not sure exactly how likely it is of this being implemented. It seems there is always something else that is top priority these days.
    ChespinXMas2k16 likes this.
  3. This is already a planned feature.

EMC-313
    There is no time on when it will be released but we have it on the todo still.

~Socks
  4. Wohoo! Tell Aikar i said thanks, this is very useful!
  5. In the mean time there is a way to do this, but it won't work for just about everyone: block protection.

If you're part of a large outpost then you could set up a bunch of chests and place protected blocks above it. For example polished diorite or granite. For a full list of protected blocks follow this link. After that only your friends (see /fr list) will be able to break those blocks to open the chests.

Of course there is a downside: those friends also need to have befriended everyone else, otherwise you'll risk that if player A placed a block then you might be able to remove it because you're friends, but your other friend player C can't because he and A aren't friends (yet).

Even so, it could help you out for now.
  6. I like it. +1
    bitnibbles and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. Yes. I agree! Good point.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Maybe we could even request a new promo, Send your thoughts below and tell us what you think should be added as a promotional item!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.