New Computer Help!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jakebag, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Do you need more than 1 TB of hdd space?
  2. Not really 1TB is fine.
    Jakres likes this.
  3. Hmm pain as they are roling out windows 8 and soon windows 7 will be old and out of date.

Bring back windows XP microsoft crop. dam you

anyways

I would say keep saving and get yourself a Mac.

But as you have a budget of 400 t0 500.

check out these ( i dont know if they will help or not )

Software4students, Google's shop, Amazon, Ebay, Dell, HP, Ksc, Lenovo, Think Pad, Asus

I wish i could help more but it is hard trying to find windows 7 plus i dont think you can downgrade
    windows 8 people have been saying that the IBOS is locked

My brother has a windows 8 laptop and he cant play minecraft on it. Because of the drivers. So you have to find safe mode and install windows 7 drivers and change some settings in the profle. Personaly i hate windows 8 and mojang are not updating mc for windows 8 so bad luck unless you want to use minecraft cracked

here's some vids see for your self

4. This is the exact reason i don't want windows 8, I know how use windows 7 and prefer it. The only things i hear about windows 8 is negative things. I don't know why Microsoft thought making computers into a tablet style layout was a good idea!
    Jakres likes this.
  5. If you look at M$'s operating systems history, its usually every other OS is junk.
  6. Also, i would reconsider building one yourself. Its not easy, but its not hard. I built a computer with my friend yesterday, and it only took a few hours. The motherboard booklet came with instructions on how to completely set it up. In my opinion, it is just a mildly challenging Lego set. For $760 after rebates, we had an AMD 6100 with 8gb of ram, and an AMD 7950 running. I know that in the UK that PC parts are more expensive, but you should still be able to get at least an AMD 7870 or a GTX 660 running within your new budget.
  7. I have no idea what most people here are talking about.....
    ._. I know very little about what computers to buy....
    Just never. EVER. buy anything even remotely involved with Gateway....
    I spent a good sum buying this fancy schmancy Gateway, the guy at Best Buy was all like "This is for sure the best deal for you dollar"
    I get home and for about a week it works fine...then it dies on me.
    I sent that dang thing in for repairs two times and each time it would run for a week and then *Bloop* It would just kinda die.
    Moral of the story.
    Never buy a Gateway.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. I've never even heard of the brand gateway, Must be a american brand.
    Jakres likes this.
  9. It is.
    Apparently we Americans like to make terrible computers....
  10. Yes. Just look at the brand Emachines D: I read a study in Maximum PC once that showed that Americans care less and less about what is actually inside their computers, and more about their looks (Macs -_-). It said that Europeans value video cards much, much more than Americans do. Which is why you wont see junk brands flourish in Europe.
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  11. Bump :)
    Jakres likes this.
  12. Bump i guess :)
    Jakres and Laurencem17 like this.