New computer and new Mincraft 1.6.4

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Math_ap_Mathonwy, Sep 25, 2013.

1. I just got a new computer and when I installed Minecraft it is the new 1.6.4 version. Now I have to also install everything I had before: Forge, Optifine, and Rei's Minimap. I was able to load these with great difficult (and lots of help) on my old computer with 1.6.2 Are these mods going to work with 1.6.4? Are there any problems with 1.6.4 and Empire? Is there anything else I need to know before attempting to add these things?
  2. most of my mods from 1.6.2 worked fine with 1.6.4 i have magic launcher tho
  3. If you still have access to your old computer, you should be able to copy the .minecraft folder from the old to the new computer. On the other hand, I would take the time to do it all again because it is something you will have to do every time there is a new update anyway and it will get easier every time you do it.

If you aren't already using Magic Launcher, I highly recommend it. It took me a while to figure out, but once I did, it changed the process of installing mods from something that was pretty messy into a pretty simple process.
    607 likes this.
  4. Also, the new launcher allows you to make profiles. For example, I use a main profile as well as a profile for my shader packs that only work with forge, and even some alpha and beta versions for some old kicks like zombies dropping feathers.
  5. I just installed all my mods recently with 1.6.2 and the new launcher. Unfortunately I didn't save my notes from when I installed everything since I didn't expect to get a new computer so soon. I saw this on the EMC facebok page: "Just to let everyone know, EMC is now on 1.6.4, however we have a special change that let's you still connect with 1.6.2, so feel free to continue to use 1.6.2 with your mods if you wish!" But I don't have 1.6.2 on my new computer. So what should I do?
  6. As mentioned, if you have your old computer - just copy the .minecraft file over to the new computer. Go to file explorer and navigate to %appdata% then the .minecraft folder will be there.

If the mods do not work, do a clean install and follow the instructions on the mod's pages.
  7. Thanks bonzd67, I was able to copy the .minecraft file to my new computer along with the minecraft.exe for 1.6.2 and everything still works. I'm still fiddling with the optifine settings, but that's ok. Do you know what 1.6.4 does and why it is important to use it before 1.7 and/or why it isn't important to use if we are on an Empire server?