New Chat channel - Trade

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by NZScruffy, Jan 11, 2014.

1. I really like this idea!
  2. All i can say is great idea.
  3. i like this idea long as its limited in how many messages you can put a day, and only sent to people in town
    Cinnamonyoshi and Importerer like this.
  4. I would however like a "Trade" channel that all the spammy shop messages go into for those megamall owners. Here is an example:
    Todd_Vinton is just enjoying SMP1's wastelands and such
    Uh oh, spammy messages about people buying his Pumpkins! Better mute the trade channel
    Todd is happy and richer.
    jacob5089 likes this.
  5. I agree with this idea, but there is one simple problem...

Mostly EVERYONE would ignore this channel!
  6. not true, id have it off when i was in the wild, but normal players cant see town chat in the wild anyways
  7. I think a version of this with a limit on messages could work for the adverts we don't ask for and a good resource for shops to promote to people looking for shops in general but I don't like the idea of filters from town chat. If someone is looking for one item one time I like being able to tell them I have it without having to listen to every advert all day on the 'Trade' channel.
  8. Wouldn't that be better though? If a majority of players are ignoring the channel, that shows that they are tired of having advertisements thrown into their face. They shouldn't be forced to deal with it.