Nether Hound [locked]

Discussion in 'Auction Archives' started by TetraClap, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 15.1k. Epona needs a friend to keep her company while I'm away. ;)
  2. Yes, doesn't it need to be a double chest of eggs to even be a valid auction?
  3. I'm not starting an argument here, but what exactly counts as an "Official EMC Special Item"? Because this is an EMC-only item, and it certainly is special, considering how these eggs are no longer casually acquired.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  4. Yes, but I don't see how it would be "special". It's a spawn egg, and yes you can't egg them anymore, but I don't think it has been officially declared as an "offical EMC special item".
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. I think EMC needs a more official list in that case xD
    jacob5089 likes this.
  6. Just wondering, does this make this auction invalid? Or no?
  7. I don't believe it's valid. I think we need a moderators saying on this, or Aikar who supposedly sold them in spawn.
  8. ummmm, im not entirely sure if this falls into emc special items but it seems like it should. temporary ruling is this is valid unless someone comes in here and yells at me for being wrong :p keep bidding yall
  9. Multiple moderators referred to Netherhounds as being bugged in this thread: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/netherhound-bug.31561/#post-607352

JackBiggin said in that thread and others have said that "abusing any bug, even if you don't consider it to be an exploit, or to give you an advantage is breaking the rules."

Netherhounds were never intended to be egged. They are supposed to run up to you and explode, leaving nothing to egg. Selling or auctioning them now is taking advantage of a bug. I tried egging one tonight and could not. If it were not a bug then we would still be able to egg them.

Those who egged them when we were able to will have an advantage if allowed to sell or auction them since no one can get them any longer.
    samsimx likes this.
  10. Well, considering how Jack (Or some other admin, correct me if I'm wrong) used a netherhound egg as a prize for Firefloor once kind of tells me that the netherhound eggs aren't actually against the rules. Just eggifying them in mass quantities (When you still could have) was against the rules.
    marine4121, hashhog3000 and FDNY21 like this.
  11. So if I can create Vault Vouchers you're fine with that as long as I don't do it in mass quantities? What the Staff throws at us is their business, and the special stuff is marked. If Aikar meant for us to be egging Netherhounds, he would not have disabled it.

I egged 11 of these thinking I would experiment with them. I have 8 left after playing with them and I know there were a bunch of other people on my server doing the same. Should I and everyone else who did this thinking they would mess around with a bugged mob get to sell them now?

And is your answer yes or no based on whether you have some, or whether you think it is fair?
    samsimx likes this.
  12. JackBiggin himself said to, "Call them a hidden easter egg. :)"
    I don't have any eggs. I think that it seems perfectly fair as well to auction these off. They're no longer able to be captured, so whatever amount of netherhounds are left are most certainly uncommon. I'm not determining whether they can be auctioned or not, but besides the point, Bite already valued the auction as valid and even said that the netherhounds should be an official EMC item. We simply need an official EMC item list, because apparently the Wiki is causing some major points of confusion among the auctioneers' board.
    Pab10S, 00void and MrUnknownian like this.
  13. So did he egg it or baught it at spawn?
  14. I'm 100% he egged it, a friend of mine told me he didn't obtain it from Aikar. :)
  15. so if i went out and tryed to egg one would it eggify?
  16. No, you were only to egg it for like a week I believe.
  17. the netherhounds were patched as of like 2 or three days following the discovery of the flaw. i was in mumble with aikar when it was discovered and he said to not tell anyone and leave it as a hidden perk until it gets fixed. so i dont think its really an exploit personally. and it is a rare item that only emc has thus i beleive it fits within the emc special items category. but like i said until someone comes along and yells at me or tells me im wrong just keep going business as usual
  18. Then in that case, I only have 6 hours and 45 minutes until I win?
  19. Yeah
  20. Not sure if I can do this in an auction, but I would like to trade for your Nether Hound Egg.

I will trade a Haunted Head, an unused Turkey Slicer, and 6 stacks of Emerald Blocks.
    2013-12-28_15.12.39.png 2013-12-28_15.12.44.png
    If I can't do this sorry about posting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.