Need help! - tech problem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dreamytje, May 7, 2012.

1. Order has been placed :) Yay gotta download MC on my moms laptop then... Ohh god, I might have to kill myself or not play for a day... hard choices
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  2. neither of those are good choices ;)
  3. I chose the laptop, ohh god this is so slow.
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  4. he already found it was the video card.
  5. >.<

May sound odd, But the symptons he's describing is nothing like the video card going. Youtube going all horrible and dodgy is a sign that the CPU's gone. I've had it happen before. It's caused by the floaty pointy operations on the CPU going funny or something.
  6. the description of dead pixels and BSOD upon launch of something like Minecraft is keystone with failing video cards actually. In fact the 9800 he has, if you research it, goes through these symptoms pretty much in exact description in almost every account when failing. I know I have had video card issues that have caused BSOD before, and also there are color distribution could easily be disrupted with a failing video card. Such as how he was describing with the Youtube problem. And a CPU going bad after a year is far less likely than a 9800 which, upon every account I read up on this morning, seems to be the expected life span anyways.
  7. Ok. You seem to know what your talking about :)
  8. Ok, I work full time in IT support, I was going to go though the motions, as it is not all that uncommon for many components to fail at once...
  9. I like to believe i do sometimes :p.. I may not know everything, but i do not like putting input into something unless I know what I am saying.
  10. Ok. Even if it isn't the GPU that's failed. He's got a nice FPS increase :)
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  11. I understand what you are saying, however, the issue with bootlogging at this point is His computer seems to fail upon boot... giving him very little room to complete something like that. He seemed very quick to be ready to buy a new video card, so that obviously was not a big problem.. if the problem persists after that point, then one could focus on ways to correct it further.

Now, on a note, I have seen failing video cards before.. And all of these symptoms seem nothing out of the ordinary to that. Im not saying something else could be causing other troubles, but if he could at least could to a point where he can easily access more after boot, then correcting other problems will be worlds easier.
  12. Have you ordered a new card?

if it blue screens after the new card is installed PM me, remember as allays when doing hardware upgrades (or any upgrades for that matter) be sure to touch the inside of the case to discharge any static you may have built up, and also make a full back up of your data on your hard drive..

Cheers
  13. Lol you could have just do a private conversation, just 2 people talking... :p