NameTaggage

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by levyhalmen, Feb 17, 2018.

?

Should more mobs drop heads?

YEAH! Lemme see netherhound, dog, and parrot heads! 4 vote(s) 100.0%
Nahh, they is crepe! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
What is mob head? 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I just wanna Hellhound.... 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. I recently found myself desiring to name some ghasts and Netherhounds, neither would take. The ghast would return my tag and say that I couldn't name that creature (It took like 2-5 minutes for that to happen, but it did. Poor ghast never got to be named Fido....). The Netherhounds would just simply de-spawn after a while. I name one Minnow and two GEraLD. All instances of Netherhound naming left me with a lack nametags.
    I was wondering. Why can't I name ghasts (that would be a very useful thing), and why can't I name and keep my Netherhounds [or tame them for that matter] (I would love to be able to display my hellhound pups!). Thanks!

2. Netherhounds can't be renamed because they are a custom mob. I don't know why you can't rename ghasts, maybe so people don't rename them and keep them from despawning and leaving them to shoot players. You also can't rename guardians.
  3. I like that you say they can't be re-named, if I can get more to spawn on me, I'll show a picture of what happened.
  4. Renamed, named. Same thing in this case. Point is that using nametag on them will have no effect.

I know what happens when you try to rename them. I've tried in the past to name some for a farm and couldn't.

Per the wiki:
  5. I meant for Netherhounds, not ghasts, although similar effect, but I eventually get the nametag back.
  6. You cant name custom mobs as the default name over-rides the nametag and naming a custom one can be used a farming way so they disabled it.
  7. That is why I wish to picture-ate it. That way you can see the effect. How does re-naming a Netherhound = farming?
  8. Ahhahaha. Here you go:

Space!

More Space! Because I needed to give him some time to make sure I didn't get the nametag back, and he didn't despawn yet. (I angered him/made him call for assistance?)

For good measure to show Fido still lives:

GEraLD got angry and jumped at me.

Afterwards, I angered him once more, and he de-spawned before my eyes and before I could snap another photo of him.

There is the Story of GEraLD III. He lived no more than 5 minutes.......
    Ethy202 likes this.