Mystul Radio

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mystul, May 1, 2012.

1. yeah the stream stopped for me here.. actually woke me up.. thought it was me.. I just reset it and then looked at this post..
  2. hmmm ok - will need to figure out how to 'fix'... i think when swapping from 'live' to auto you have to 'restart' your player - dont think there's a way around it...

The idea of course that I dont have to do that
  3. Transition back to auto works well... small delay but cant be helped.... YEAH server is installed...booo took 12 hrs more than i though AKA - i've spent all friggen day on this.. bed soon

One benefit of not having a job atm.. i have time to work on it tommorow... one issue - power might get turned off and this is all for not (not really - but my humor has been stimyed)
    ISMOOCH likes this.
  4. *cough cough* skype talk shows: good idea *cough cough*
  5. anyone tired of Bon Jovi yet? :)

Reworking my strategy a bit... explain more later.... first - getting a few tracks into station proper...

Lovely - computer works great but - it's skipping tracks and such.... sigh... basically back to drawing board :( and can use the laptop. sigh ARGH - be glad i like you guys
  6. The unthinkable has happened - IT WORKS!!!! :)

Possible show late tonight 22:30 ish - It's A.I. night with the misses.

On another note... any suggestions for a web based either forum/social netwworking aspect to the station... i dont mind using EMC for EMC peps - but this needs to be seperate in some ways
    Monster_ and SephirothWS like this.
  7. Only 2 listeners at the moment and I'm one of them. I feel very posh.
  8. I can hear the sound of your voice.
  9. posh - oh spice girls for you later tonight...

ok thanx... i do need to do a little testing at some point with the various... 'sources' I have 3 now..
    Base
    Laptop
    Server
  10. Liking the way xenforo looks and feels. :)
  11. iSmooch - think I'm ready to set an opening show.... will have to be no sooner then Monday - prob best for late evening...

Ideas on how to promote it?
  12. Opening show? May I be in it? Please?
    :D
  13. Might not have 'call ins' first show... all me - mu haha - I'll try to get skype working (together is the issue)...
    I'll share any stories or anticdotes you wanna share...

And I'll alays take voice stuff you can send my way - i.e. Station Ids or even pimp your res commerical...

mystul@hotmail.com
    Monster_ likes this.
  14. Streaming LIVE - taking requests (might not play them though

check out the first post for instructions to listen in
  15. Bruno mars?
  16. You should be aware that the legality of what you're doing is questionable at best. I don't know what country you're in, so I can't say for certain, but AFAIK, most countries have strict rules on radio broadcasting, even online.

For the US, for instance, this is a good introduction to their Internet broadcasting rules/laws, one which was already broken, quoting
    I'm pretty sure playing a single artist for 8 hours violates this one, lol. :p

Furthermore, Internet radio is not exempt from paying U.S. musical composition performance royalties, which you can achieve through licenses with ASCAP, BMI and SESAC, as well as separate contracts with artists not associated with such performance-rights associations.
  17. The key here as intentional - it was known - but not really meant to happen.

But yes - the rules are a bit heavy - I follow most of them.
  18. OMG. Dead or Alive, this song... <3

Thank you for playing this one, man.