My Specs for my new laptop :)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by snozles, Oct 20, 2012.

1. But some people use computers for more than gaming :p
  2. unless you like... want or need a laptop or something.... ;)

I love desktops and only keep one semi old laptop around for my own use, but some people just don't have the space or need the extra mobility or such.
    Gap542 likes this.
  3. But he looks like he wants that laptop for Minecraft(gaming), if so it's better to get a desktop for less :p

~~~ Was just going to say what jaqie said about space
  4. Actually, i have 4 laptops and 1 desktop. All play minecraft well, and other games usually better. :p.

CPU speeds have actually gone down in recent times due to multithreading and more cores available. Actual CPU speeds are meaning less and less xD. With a game like minecraft, CPU is rarely a big problem, especially because minecraft can not multithread... so you can have a million cores and it will only run on one :p.

Things these days focus more on that VRAM and RAM and that GPU more than they used to you. A nice processor is nice, but decides very little anymore. Most provided CPU's can handle just about anything you want them to these days, just maybe not at full speed, or full detail graphics. But having good video cards and good amounts of ram helps with this as well.

Overall, given with the small amount of data you gave on the laptop, seems like a well enough purchase.
    Gap542 and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  5. I got a laptop even though it was double the cost of the desktop (A custom built one) because I am almost at high school (If I lived in the UK I would be :) )
  6. I would get one with a higher ram and what computer are you getting?
  7. My laptop has 4 GB of ram and it runs fine... I think a better CPU is in need though
  8. Dell M5110 :D
    Jimbonothing64 likes this.