My first Chapter (Skyscrapers and Chance Meetings)

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by Releias, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Should I post the next part of chapter 1?

yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
no 0 vote(s) 0.0%
how dare you even pick up a pencil 0 vote(s) 0.0%
GIVE ME MORE MORTAL! 3 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. WARNING: MAY CONTAIN TRIGGERS

I'm gonna try posting the chapters that I'm writing for a Novel that I've started.
    Hope y'all enjoy it :)
    (this is part 1 of chapter 1)

Skyscrapers and Chance Meetings

He would let out a soft sigh, the light sound full to brimming over with emotion, even though he looked as if everything in the world couldn't matter to him at the moment. He would be standing out upon the thick concrete roof, the gravel scratching and grinding beneath his skater shoes as he slowly sauntered his way towards the ledge that served as a sort of wall to keep people from falling over it on accident. It wasn't very high up, more like a one and a half maybe even two foot high ledge. He would look out over the vast city-scape, wondering if anyone would really even miss him when he was gone. A slightly strong breeze would slip over the rooftop, causing his dark tank top to flutter slightly, along with the hemmings of the bottom of his black khaki cargo pants.

He would reach the ledge, peering down over the edge of it. His swirling jade green eyes would be filled with only the kind pain that only those that had gone through the most agonizing of tortures would even begin to fathom. It was something that pained him, nagged at the edges of his broken soul and cried out to be heard by someone...anyone. He couldn't take it anymore, it was just too much to handle, and he had to do something about it. There was no other way that he could see, and; even though he felt pangs of terror and confusion, he knew that this was what he had to do.

It was dark, the lights of the city illuminating the ground and everything around it. It was so beautiful...all the lights and their different colors. It seemed to wash over him like a wave. Did he really want to do this? Just end it all this way? It all seemed so wrong, to be thinking of doing this, but...what other way was there for him?

He would place his right foot upon the top of the ledge, leaning forwards slightly as he took a deep breath, the cool night air swirling around him like a shivering brush of fingers. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all? Maybe it would all be just a quick release? Like just going to sleep except involving a really long fall and some concrete at the bottom. At least it would be quick...and painless.

He would place his left foot upon the top of the ledge, stepping up onto the ledge as he spread out his arms to keep his balance. His deep jade green pools for eyes would close for a moment as his slender frame would begin to tremble slightly. This was it- all that there was ever going to be to his life, nothing more and nothing less. Slowly, he would extend his right foot, a bit of an understandable hesitation in the movement as he performed it. Nothing could stop him now.

As he would begin to step off, a single set of fingers would all once reach around and grip the front of his throat, stopping his forwards motion. He would let out a surprised but choked off gasp as he would be turned around, now facing a stranger with luminescent waterfall blue eyes. He would grip the man's wrist, unsure of why his attempt had been stopped...or prolonged. His jade green eyes would seem to question this person's motives, skittering over the figure before him as if searching for some kind of answer- a hint maybe, of the mans true intentions. The tall, dark figure would simply look back to him, those hypnotizing azure orbs eyeing over him as he held onto the boys throat.

The man looked to be approximately 30 years old, though there was really no true way of telling how old this man could even possibly be. He had a light shade of blond for hair, the strands flecked with the tiniest hintings of white, the length of it being a bit short in the front but long and rather flowing in the back. He was wearing a white t-Shirt, the piece of clothing looking a bit worn beneath the black leather jacket that flapped open. His old and faded looking blue jeans accentuated the pair of black leather boots that he wore. A pair of rather squared off dark shaded sunglasses were perched perfectly upon this mans head, though looking a tad bit out of place seeing as it was the middle of the night, and not mid-day.

"Do you really want to die?"
    The voice was cold yet soft, a slight harshness to it even though it would still be smooth as the touch of silk.

He would give a small, broken smile as he looked to the man that kept such a grip upon his throat.

"L-Let me go..."
    His voice held all of his youth as well as all of his pain, though, the longer that he was held onto, the more he was beginning to not want to go through with it all.

The man would give a soft scoffing sound, a light melodic tone hidden within the noise. How could this child want to die so easily? No fight? No pleas? No begging for the sweet mercy of death or not to be dropped or even let go of?

"Well, how about I make it easier for you, hm?"
    The man would give a rather wide fangy grin, the tips of his large fangs showing as he performed this action.
    "Just drain the life from you right now...or better yet, do it on the way down."
    Surely this would elicit some kind of frightened response from this child. Maybe he just needed a bit of the right prodding.

"J-Just let me g-go..I d-don't care."
    He would give the stranger yet another broken, half-hearted smile; though it did a poor job of masking the flurry of emotions that he had building up within him like a storm. Just let go. He needed to let go.
    "J-Just let me g-go."

The man's expression would turn slightly, the slightly kind and understanding gaze being replaced by a more irritated and annoyed look. Why did this boy want to die so badly? The deep waterfall blue eyes would close a moment as he took a deep breath, breathing in the scent of the child in his grasp. This boy was no older than twenty one, so many memories and so many emotions; he could pick each and every one up upon the breeze as he took his breath. There was a pain there, something hiding beneath that small smile, beneath that calm stutter.

"Maybe I will and maybe I won't kiddo."
    The look his face had held before slowly returning. He was rather piqued by this boy. What had happened to him that would make him want to go this far in some frivolous attempt to end his life? He would bring the boy forwards slightly then lean him back slightly so that he was leaning over the edge, he usually used this tactic when he needed information out of someone, seeing as is usually always worked.

"L-Let me g-go.."
    His voice was getting a bit softer now, anxiety starting to show through in those sweet youthful tones of his light voice. His swirling jade green eyes would begin to water slightly, a small little trickling of tears slipping from his left eye and running down the side of his cheek. Why was this man not letting him go? What did he want from him?
    "Please...j-just let me die!"

The man would give him a small smile as he saw the new reaction, his tactic was beginning to work, the position starting to bring out the fear and doubts that the boy was feeling. He would move slightly, leaning the child further over the edge, his lips twitching as he felt him tense up, the reaction perfectly natural.

"Let's make a deal."
    His deep seemingly luminescent waterfall blue eyes shimmering slightly as he spoke, a deep breath being taken as it seemed as if there was not even any effort being put into it.

"N-No..."
    He wanted this man to let go; he couldn't go back. But why? Why wouldn't he just let go!?
    "N-No just...JUST LET ME GO!"

The man would continue to lean him back, slowly, but surely. It was working more and more, the boys hands now grasping at his wrist as if desperately trying to cling to that one single lifeline that he had left. He would move forwards slightly, giving him a bit more room to maneuver his arm.

"You don't really want me to let you go, do you kid?"

His deep jade green eyes would widen for a moment in surprise and fear. Was this guy reading his mind? It was true...he was starting not to want to die. But what could he do? There was no going back, not to that place. Not to...him.

His jade green eyes would dart to the side and down, looking towards the ground and out over the city. Maybe...there was some other way?

"W-What do you w-want?"
    He would listen to what this guy had to say to him, then decide maybe? The longer he was leaned like this, the more he didn't want to do it.

The man smiled again, one large fang showing through as he replied.
    "To give you a second chance. You've got two options...."
    He would lock his shimmering azure eyes with the boys deep jade green ones.
    "I can either let you go right now- so you can drop and sprawl on the pavement below us or...I can give you a new life."
    He would move to stance himself upon one knee, the boy now practically limbo-bent over the ledge.

A new life? How could anyone just give someone a new life like it was a free sample? What the hell was this guy getting at?! But...then again...he couldn't and shouldn't really argue with the person who was literally holding his life in his hands.

"W-What do you mean?"

The man would part his lips in a small smile, the tips of his large fangs now fully visible.

"A new...different way of living."
    He would flick his long hair back over his shoulder, the rough strands of his blond hair having started to stray.
    " Something that you can never experience like this."
    He would lift something that resembled a cigarette to his lips as he finished speaking.

The item didn't precisely look like a regular cigarette, the stick itself being a dark pitching black color and the end that wasn't betwixt his lips glowing slightly as a drag would be pulled from it. Perhaps it was some electronic version? A small puff of vaporic smoke would slip from his lips as he watched the boy, reading his body language and expressions easily. There was so much going on in that young mind, if only he could just crack it open a bit more.

He would let out a hesitant whimpering groan as he would think on the choices presented to him. What would this supposed new life be like for him? Would it be worse than the one he had already been living? Would it be better than this wreckage from hell? He would bite at his bottom lip slightly, the right side, a lightly darker shade of pink coming to that particular corner of his lips.

"I-I'll do it."
  2. I gotta see where this is going, go ahead and give us some more! You've got my attention c:
    ComicalCanine likes this.
  3. yay!
    I'm so glad you like it!
    I'll post another part tomorrow :)
    xxcapmanxx likes this.
  4. WARNING: MAY CONTAIN TRIGGERS

I'm gonna try posting the chapters that I'm writing for a Novel that I've started.
    Hope y'all enjoy it :)
    (this is part 2 of chapter 1)

Skyscrapers and Chance Meetings

He would let out a soft whimper as he gripped more at the man's wrist. He wanted to be let up, to be pulled back over the edge. He didn't want to die anymore. He...he wanted to live.

The man would give him a knowing smile and pull him up, the boy moving into a kneeling position as he was brought back fully onto the roof as the man would move to stand just off to the side of him. This was going to be the final part of it now. The man would move to stand in front of him, gently placing a hand upon the side of the boys face as he moved to kneel upon one leg.

"Before we go any further, you need to know that once I start this...there's no way to stop."

His jade green eyes would widen slightly as this man spoke. Can't stop? What did that even mean? What was he planning on doing to him exactly?

"U-Uhm...o-ok?"
    He really didn't get it at all, but; then again, it would probably be better not to argue about this.

The man would give him another smile and move his hand slightly, brushing the boys hair off of the right side of his neck. Such beautiful alabaster skin.

"Mmm.."
    He could hear the boys heartbeat, feel the pulsing of the warm, wet crimson fluid that pumped about his system. This was going to be enjoyable.

He would gulp slightly, feeling the man's hand along his neck, starting to doubt this strangers real motives. His slender frame would begin to tremble a bit again as he would take a shaky deep breath. No going back now, had to go forward. He would close his deep shimmering jade green eyes, practically chewing upon his bottom lip as he waited for whatever was going to happen to go on and get over with.

The man would part his lips, lifting his upper lip slightly more to reveal his large fangs as he tilted the boys head slightly to the side, moving closer so that he could get a better angle from which to bite. He could feel how tense and nervous the boy was, and he wanted to relieve that for him. Gently, he leaned down to his exposed neck, gently nuzzling the exposed skin for a brief moment before finding the ever so coveted "sweet" spot that he always prefered. He would then proceed to bite down, a warm smile coming to his lips as he heard the surprised gasp from the boy as he felt the fangs piercing the tender flesh of his neck.

A woozy feeling would slowly slip through his body as he felt the warmth slowly slipping away from him, the lights of the city slowly becoming more glow and less glare. It looked so wonderful, that beautiful swatch of colors that seemed to swirl and dance, sounds fading and becoming more clear at the same time. It was like...everything was changing. Maybe this was some part of the new life that this stranger had said that he could give him?

Slowly, the world and beauteous visions before his eyes would begin to grow darker and darker. The man would stop his feeding, pulling away and biting open his own wrist to hold it to the boys mouth to let him drink. The warm liquid would begin to drip into his mouth, something within him urging to drink the strangely soothing substance now slipping over his tongue. He would press his pale pink lips against the man's wrist, more and more of the warm dark liquid being drawn down his throat as the world would seem to come back into its rightful context.

Though...there was something much much different about the world now. There were more scents, sounds, voices, so many things he hadn't even noticed before. Suddenly, he was pulled away from the man's wrist, swaying where he was knelt. What was all this? What had this man done to him?

He would fall to his side, rolling slightly onto his back, his jade green eyes trying to force themselves to focus on what he was seeing. It was like he had been drugged, the effect making things so blurry and fuzzy to his vision. He would reach towards the man, making the attempt to stutter out a sentence but to no avail. The man would kneel down upon one knee beside him, slipping his rough fingers over the boys cheek, brushing the silky black strands of his hair out of his face.

"Hush now...just let it take over, you'll be all right."

The man's luminescent blue eyes would look down to the boy, knowing what he was going through, and knowing how he felt. This wasn't precisely the most pleasant way that things went but those were the apples. He gently placed a hand beneath the boys head, gently cradling it there as he brushed the boys hair off of his neck and face.

It was so dizzying, nauseating almost, as the world would seem to spin in front of his eyes. He felt like he needed to puke, to heave and get whatever was making him feel like this out of his system. But that unfortunately, just wasn't possible. The world would slowly begin to come into focus as it continued to whirl around him, the sounds and smells and lights making him sick to his stomach. Everything would slowly come into place as it all cleared up, the overwhelming wave of overloaded senses slowly washing over him little by little as things would continue to settle down.

His panting would slow, the rising and falling of his chest returning back to its normal pace as he breathed in a first calm breath of his new life. This was so strange for him; there was so much that he could hear, so much he could smell, so much he could see. What was this? He would slip a small hand up to his neck, feeling the two small puncture wounds in the side of his neck as he would move to stand. Was this...a bite mark?

He would turn to the man, a worried and slightly frightened expression upon his face.

"W-What did you d-do to me?"
    He would take a step backwards slightly, unsure as to what to do now. What had just happened? What had this man done to him to make all of this happen?

"Given you a second chance to live, that's what I did."

A smile would return to the man's face as he spoke. This was a first step for the boy; a necessary step that had to be made. He suddenly was behind the boy, placing his hands upon his shoulders. His hands were rather rough, his fingers calloused in places as were his palms, giving his hands the feeling that he had been working with them for a great deal of his life.

"Just take it easy, not too much at a time."

He let out a gasp of surprise as he suddenly felt the man's hands upon his upper arms. What the hell!? He would turn his head, looking up at the man, a frightened look in his eyes.

"D-Don't.."
    His entire body tensed as he spoke...he didn't want to get hurt.

"Easy."
    The man would give out a soft hushing sound as he would move his hands to gently wrap his arms around the boys chest, holding him to him gently.
    "I'm not going to hurt you; just keeping you from toppling over backwards and shooting your chance in the face."
    He would slowly maneuver both sets of their legs, slowly getting them both away from the ledge by a few yards.

He would let out a soft - slightly relieved sigh as they moved, though; somehow, it seemed as if half of the movements were his own. As he felt himself being held to the strangers chest, a small sense of familiarity coming to his mind at this situation. Slowly, his mind began to adjust to the new heightenedness of his senses now. This was all so new, the world itself was new to him.

He would lean his head back against the mans chest for a moment before a singular thought came to his mind.

"W-Who are y-you?"
    It was an easy enough question, so the answer in itself shouldn't be all too complicated right? His jade green eyes would slowly begin to shimmer with a new luminescence.

"You can call me Lucian."

His words rang softly in the boys ears, the newly heightened sense picking up the tones of his voice, even the ones that Humans in their own selves couldn't hear.
    "What's your name kiddo?"
    He would slowly move to get them both into a kneeling position.

He would begin to relax his nerves; his muscles, which had been like steel springs, would relax enough for the motions to be completed, kneeling with Kane.

"M-My name's A-Azer."
    He would tilt his head to look up to Lucian, the elders arms still wrapped around him. What was all of this? What had just got done happening?

The look would be rather apparent in his eyes, Lucian giving him a gentle smile as he placed his forehead gently against Azers. A slight tingling feeling would begin to be centered there as he would establish a small mind link to him, needing to see what had been the cause of all of this in the first place. As he established the link, he would begin to sift through the most recent memories, slipping through them like a phantom, being able to view but not interact. What he saw made his blood boil slightly.

He would look down to Azer, gently pressing his lips against his forehead for a moment.

"You've gotten lucky tonight kid."
    He would move to help him stand back up.
    "Not only do you get a second chance, but you get to make sure that things never go wrong for you or anyone else ever again."
    As he spoke, he would begin to lead Azer towards the doorway that would lead them both back down to the street.
  5. really want y'alls input on these guys
  6. REALLY want y'alls input on this guys
  7. I've merged the chapters into one thread for each, and that way you won't have to bump all 4 threads. Let me know if you want any of the titles changed :)
  8. please don't ;~;
    chapter 1 and 2 are both ENTIRELY different parts and really shouldn't be merged into 1 thread.
    plus there were polls attached to each so I could know whether or not people wanted to see more.
    please undo this.
    I'd rather bump multiple threads o~o
  9. also-
    they were PURPOSEFULLY posted as separate parts o~o
    please don't merge my chapters <~>
    please undo this