My Exchange in Italy

Discussion in 'Writers' Corner' started by Kyzoy, Jul 17, 2015.

1. I AM NOW IN ITALY!
    (Since 4th September)

-----Ciao! As I am sure some of you may heard, I am going to study as an exchange student in Pisa, Italy for a year starting on the 4th of September! After some strong pushes from others in my life, I got interested in blogging, and decided to make my own!

----If you'd like to follow me on my journey through high school in Italy, and everything else, you can show me your support by following and reading my blog! Here's the link to my blog: http://jamesstudiesabroad.blogspot.com/

----Here's a few pictures of my host family! I hope to join them soon, and I will be sure to post on the "Show Yourself 2015-16" thread too!

----From left to right: My oldest brother Pietro, my second youngest brother Alessandro, my second oldest brother Francesco, my mom Giulia, my youngest brother Giulio, and my father Paolo.

tl;dr - Please support me and wish me well on my travels!
    LadBlo, Eviltoade, 607 and 6 others like this.
  2. Nice, Ive always wanted to be in another country! Have fun there!
    Kyzoy likes this.
  3. tl;dr
    Bon Voyage, cya on the other side =P
    Kyzoy likes this.
  4. When you come back you have to show us all the cool hand gestures you learnt. :p
    607 and Kyzoy like this.
  5. Thanks!
    Haha, they have a lot of hand guestures, I will practically be talking with my hands!
  6. Awesome, good luck and have fun over there! :p
    Kyzoy likes this.
  7. That's exciting. I am sure you will enjoy the stay, will have lots of delicious pasta and gelatto, and lots of fun with your bro's and sis'. Just good you are in northern Italy, far away from the Camora ;)
    Kyzoy likes this.
  8. Haha, told you about the gelatto :)

About the rock concerts, more likely metal, yes it is normal if people start poking. I guess, it's the same in the US, though (never been to a concert there:( ).

It seems you get the full blown Italian experience, which is awesome.

Enjoy...
    Kyzoy likes this.
  9. Ah, interesting! I probably won't follow the blog, as I have much more than enough to follow already.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your posts on the show yourself thread, though, and I hope it goes well! :)
    Kyzoy likes this.
  10. Thanks for reading! There's more to come, and I hope you don't mind reading, because I have paragraphs for each day. ;)

I'm serious about the gelato. It is leagues above ice cream in the states. It's like comparing a kid-pitch baseball team to the Major Leagues. On that note, the flavors are either a love or hate. Pistachio actually tastes like pistachio. Coffee actually tastes like bitter coffee, yet in a sub-hardened form.
    607 and Eviltoade like this.
  11. Read your first week entry, so cool! Hope you continue to have a fabulous adventure :)
    607 and Kyzoy like this.
  12. Love the blog!! Hope you have a good time in Italy
    607 and Kyzoy like this.
  13. Awesome, Wish you well on your journeys :D
    607 and Kyzoy like this.
  14. Q: Kyzoy, it's been four weeks since your last post.
    K: Yes, I know.
    Q: What happened?
    K: I began school, athletics, and was caught up in the first days of my exchange, see post for details.
    Q: Oh, I see. When will your posts be up?
    K: Here is one of them, three more will follow within the next few days! "Week 2: The First Day of the Rest of My Life"
    Markethan13, Alyattayla and 607 like this.