My 10,000th post.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Sep 2, 2017.

1. We're drinking [water] tonight lads

(made this in literally 2 minutes please and thus it looks totally awful don't kill me thx)

Wow, I never thought I'd be in this position, and it truly is an honour.

I'd like to thank my mum, my dad, my dog, my fingers for always allowing me to write stuff, JustinGuy and Aikar for creating this website so I can get to this position, everyone who has ever had a public argument with me here and the posts haven't been deleted, and 607 for his forum games that enable me and many others to have fun and boost our post count.

I'd like to use my great platform to raise awareness for the Grenfell Tower disaster, where you can donate to the relief fund here if you want; Hurricane Harvey, where you can to the relief fund here; and the flooding in South East Asia, where you can donate here.
    (This is tongue-in-cheek but the links are there if you genuinely want to help out)

And also climate change because why not?

Thank you for letting me get to this amazing EMC milestone, and goodnight. 🙇
  2. *claps casually*
    FadedMartian likes this.
  3. It would be interesting to know how many words that was in 10,000 because your posts tend to be rather wordy.
    Could be in the billions. But in all seriousness, congratulations, it couldn't happen to a nicer, more opinionated guy. Luv ya bud. Keep fighting the good fight.
    FadedMartian and TomvanWijnen like this.
  4. Video works now. Maybe the speech-y things makes slightly more sense now.
    I often wonder the same. I'd count, but... it's 10,000 posts. The first half of that was made when I was 11-13 years old, and I'm not sure I want to revisit that either.

Thanks very much. I shall try.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  5. I enjoyed that video more than I should have.
  6. *Finger-snaps for the hippies out there. *
  7. I remember those posts of yours...

Say, why did you end up changing your username? I liked SoulPunisher.
  8. I did too... I might go buy an alt and take it if it's still available.. XD
  9. No stop. I am.
  10. i cringe everytime
    'SoulPunisher' was a name I created when I was ten years old, and I loved Dragon Ball Z. I just... felt like I grew out of it, and I always promised myself for a very long time I'd change it when name changing was released (and then waited like a year or two).

synth_apparition was a lyric from a song I like by my favourite band, I could kinda relate to the line it was a part of, and I just thought it sounded cool.

I may change it back. I did say way back in January that I'd change it back to SoulPunisher if people didn't get used to synth_apparition, although I'd probably only do it as a temporary thing. Not sure yet. Someone might have taken it by the time I decided on it anyway. Keep an eye out on New Year's Eve :p
    FadedMartian likes this.
  11. Someone has it. But the clock is running. Who can get it first, if they don't take it back.
  12. i have it silly
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  13. Grats! That vid made me laugh lol (thanks for the tidbit about donating) ;p
  14. I'd @myself but that last part kinda invalidates almost anything I've said to you
    synth_apparition likes this.
  15. Quality spam, all of it
    synth_apparition likes this.
  16. i like synthesizers too
  17. *highest quality
    mba2012 likes this.