Movie Discussion/Recommendation Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by AmusedStew, May 30, 2015.

1. Totally not a stolen title...

This thread is created to recommend movies or discuss movies. The movies can be old, new, or any genre.

RULES:
    • if it has too much violence, blood, nudity, or anything else, that you state so.
    • Put the movie rating, see spoiler below.

film_ratings1.jpg

I will start with 2 movies and go from there...

Summary:
    "A spy organization recruits an unrefined, but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program, just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius."

I strongly recommend this movie, it was funny and action packed.
    Movie has swearing, violence, death, and minor romance.

This movie is great.
    Summary:
    "A retired CIA agent travels across Europe and relies on his old skills to save his estranged daughter, who has been kidnapped while on a trip to Paris."

I recently watched this whole series, there is 3 movies and all 3 are amazing. There is swearing in all the movies. I have started liking a lot of the stuff Liam Neeson is in.
    Movie has violence, blood, and tons of swearing.

I commence the discussions.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  2. TIL the American 'PG13' is basically the equivalent of a British 12 rating and the 'R' is a 15... wat ._.
    Anyway...

I'd highly reccomend Godzilla. From what I can remember there's no blood or anything, but there is plenty of monster violence :p (Don't know the rating in America, but over here its a 12A)

I'd also reccomend Interstellar. Violence includes a guy almost suffocating after a fight with a guy who had just tried to kill him to escape an alien planet... that's about it :p (Again, a 12A)

More films I love are The Avengers movies (12), the Captain America movies (12), the Iron Man movies (the first one is a 12A, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 are 12s) and Guardians of the Galaxy (12).

P.S, a 12A = People over 12 can get in to see it, but those under 12 have to be with an adult)
  3. Did not know you guys had a different system, I added an img of your system to that spoiler :)
  4. I LOVED "Birdman"
    contains some adult content and strong language
    rated R (15)
  5. My suggestion...

No movies.
    Read books
    xD
  6. In America, blood and fighting and crude jokes are just part of life. Now, when there's a movie on a shortage of Twinkies, that would be rated NC-17. We haz good logic.
    Then skedaddle back on over to this thread and let us moviegoers discuss our movies!
  7. In Britain, blood, fighting, alcohol, offensive jokes and sarcasm are just part of life. :p
    Chief_McCloud and hashhog3000 like this.
  8. I just watched the two "Red" movies yesterday, they were pretty awesome!
  9. Just watched American Sniper. I think it was probably R rated. I really liked it.
    AmusedStew likes this.

10. You know how at the start his dad said "dont ever drop your gun", never once did he ever drop his gun after that until the end when he was running to his truck as they were evacuating.
    Chief_McCloud likes this.
  11. Hotel for dogs. It's pretty cute xD

It's for all audiences, I think.
  12. I'm a black and white film junkie, so here are three favorites, The Night of the Hunter, He Who Gets Slapped, and Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (PG).
    Chewsy4 likes this.
  13. Bump
    Chewsy4 likes this.
  14. Pacific Rim. 'Nuff said.
  15. Can't remember the last time I watched anything remotely grown up. I enjoy my childhood favourites when I do watch television, and most of the time I'm busy working on other things.

My suggestion would be Hugo. I think it is a PG.
  16. BUMP.

I just saw Jurassic World. It is a great movie, highly suggest it.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  17. I saw it on Sunday. 10/10 can vouch for your claim.

I'd also reccomend Jurassic Park, if you've (somehow) not seen it. Its definitely the best JP film out of the four currently out, with World coming in at second. It would be the best if they used a mix of animatronics and CG like the original movies.
  18. I like the original movies better than World, but they did a great job with it. I loved the final 20 minutes of the movie more than the whole movie... :p