Misc Updates 5/15/14 (Tokens)

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 15, 2014.

1. I have found the actual issue with marlix - it's the anti cheat code.

Fighting marlix in more closed in areas, if you hit him while his head is inside of a block (Due to the bat pushing him in), he is unable to see you, therefor it is considered "Cheating", and nerfs the difficulty score.

so I'm tweaking the anti cheat some, so that
    1) MiniBosses will teleport when cheating is detected regardless of difficulty level, so that mini bosses will never be nerfed.
    2) User is alerted when they trigger anti cheat

Also noticed many cases where marlix was getting hit by his own guardians arrows... Numerous things can add up to nerf loot drops.

and disclaimer: I'm using "anti cheat" as in "cheap kill", not "breaking EMC rules".
    highlancer54 and chickeneer like this.
  2. This makes a lot of sense now, as the area I was in had a lot of trees and the marlix seemed to be getting stuck in some of the trees here and there.
    Also the guardians were indeed shooting towards me, and the marlix was near me as well while I was hitting it with the sword. It didn't disappear until it flew under the stairs of a spawn point...

Lol the Marlix chooses where to battle, but its a load of fun as marlix battles usually has me running around a lot!
  3. Please word that warning in the same way a certain huge server does... just to freak absolutely everyone out. ;)

Who cares about the wording being completely irrelevant... the freaking out's the best bit! :D
    mba2012 likes this.