Minecraft Launchers --- which is best??

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Raaynn, Jun 3, 2024.

?

How do you feel about Mojangs minecraft launcher in 2024?

This poll will close on Jan 3, 2025 at 11:23 AM.
Its Great! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
a Good minecraft launcher! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
its OK. 1 vote(s) 7.7%
its passable. 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Its just a poor launcher. 3 vote(s) 23.1%
Terrible launcher :( 6 vote(s) 46.2%
  1. Although I basically never use bedrock, now that I have it for free I decided to take the time to collect the 15th Anniversary cape and items. Wow, I just cant believe how slow and ridiculous the Mojang launcher has become, especially when having more than one account. Takes sooo long to load!! Each time to change accounts especially...

Normally I now use MultiMC since switching from AT launcher a few years back (on advise from a few friends here on EMC) for ease of versions/mods/multi accounts....

However I thought since some time has passed, perhaps there are better options available now. So...

What are your opinions? Which launcher do you use and why? Which is the best to get?

Thanks in advance all 0/
    607, BlockHead_56 and Gianluca99Star like this.
  2. Hey! I use Prism and its great! has a lot of support for mods, resource paces, shaders all built in.. very easy to use with multiple accounts.. and launch doesn't take super long, even when trying to launch 10 accounts at once!

I think overall it is a pretty good launcher compared to the other options i have tried!
  3. 607, crystaldragon13 and Raaynn like this.
  4. I utilize CurseForge myself mostly, but that still goes through the vanilla launcher. But hey, it automatically updates my mods for me so there's that.
  5. Triphora’s Modrinth works like a charm
    triphora likes this.
  6. I use Mojang for my main account (it is cumbersome) and Prism for alts/family accounts. Prism has been great. I'm not wondering why I don't use it for my main account...
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  7. I actually don't work at Modrinth anymore :D But I would still recommend Modrinth if you happen to play with multiple instances or with mods a lot.

Personally I use Prism Launcher, which is actually another launcher I was involved with creating. It has more of a "power user" interface than Modrinth does.
  8. Prism is awesome. I switched to that from Multi-MC after some drama from the devs. I wanted nothing to do with that, so I switched to an alternative that has a cool development history, minus the drama :cool:
  9. i like multimc and ill always use multimc. dont care about dev drama as long as the launcher works and stays the way it is ill use it
  10. I miss the days when you simply double-clicked the exe and the game started
    TomRichey, 607, Envine and 2 others like this.
  11. absolute dog crap. - faded
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  12. I use prism and it's so easy to use.. esp when you have friend that help you with any questions you might have. <3 to my friends.. Bonnie =>
  13. Woah, when was this? Before EMC started, I suppose? I've been playing since Beta 1.8.1 (September 2011), and there was already a launcher.
  14. Yeah, this was in the super early days of Minecraft.
  15. I guess I should reread my posts before hitting send.

Mine was a more general comment about games needing launchers these days.
    607 likes this.