MEGA Tunnel - smp4

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by cnicholls_uk, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Most of the fun is from building projects though, whether they survive or not is irrelevant; you have to wonder though why people want to s**t on their own doorstep?
    dannydan, nnnnmc1 and margaritte like this.
  2. Cnicholls. Do we just show up and dig what we think is the right path, or do you have instructions? What do you need me to do?
  3. Best thing to do is look see if i'm on with livemap, send me a message in game, and you can meet me there on site. I don't mind people just digging, so long as there are no deviations lol. I picture the tunnel to be a continuous straight path 99% of the distance. Feel free to visit and join in, if you can see the pattern so far :)
  4. Yeah griefers will grief
  5. Thank you for that laugh.
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  6. Update:

entrance archway at last finished
    2012-02-23_19.16.51.jpg

looking down to the subway
    2012-02-23_19.17.09.jpg

looking back up to the surface
    2012-02-23_19.18.04.jpg

At the start of the dig, I encountered an underwater ravine, an abyss even; I decided to make an aquarium.
    2012-02-23_19.18.30.jpg
    pyro_vampiress and nnnnmc1 like this.
  7. I'm gonna have to go have a look!! Maybe even ward off some griefers, and fix up some rail. I found an extensive abandoned mine a while back, so I have rail to spare.
  8. Looks so good i remember when it was first started. lol. Hay have any people grieved it yet?
  9. You do realize, People arent very nice sometimes. :( But this looks amazing, and I hope safety to it :)
  10. 2012-03-04_22.52.37.jpg 2012-03-04_22.52.52.jpg 2012-03-04_22.53.13.jpg

Another update, grass has been growing well, which looks nicer than dirt. I decided to add extra lights on the path to try and stop mobs spawning. Have gone for nice looking pavement style paths on edges, instead of rails, it can take a while to walk to the end, but hey-ho.
    dannydan likes this.
  11. The rail-lines ate up so much track, also booster tracks became really expensive (one every 5 metres) Plus after a day someone comes and steals it all. :(
  12. :eek: what texture pack are you using? It Looks very smooth from the default texture pack.
  13. Wow, nice tunnel. Beware of the grievers though.