MC skin issues

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by RickyAndrea9, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Ok emcers, so i cant see anyones skin, i uploaded a skin from planetminecraft, and i cant see it on me, and i cant see anyone elses skin, how would i fix this

please help me, i tried reinstalling MC, looging out then logging in, and googling my issue, none of it helped...
  2. If this is something which just started happening then it's most likely a hiccup which prevents your client from contacting the Mojang auth / skin server(s). If so then it'll probably get fixed automatically within a few hours.
    Ricky_Andrea likes this.
  3. oh no, its been this way for about 2 weeks..

EDIT well, my freind MattieTheSpud told me idf have to wait for mojang to fix it >(
  4. Check your internet. It might be that.
  5. i did, i restared my router
  6. So what Minecraft version do you use? And do you use the new / current launcher (so the rectangle'd / vertical one)?

How do you change your skin? Tried it using the launcher already? Also: what does the launcher show you?

This is what I mean:

Does anything like this show up at all?
    Ricky_Andrea likes this.
  7. oh, im sorry, i forgot to mention, i use the old luancher :)

the new one wont work on my pc for some reason
  8. The old launcher shouldn't work at all
    Ricky_Andrea likes this.
  9. well, it does

i use it all day everyday

and when i load the new luancher, all it shows is a blank window with a MC grass block in the top corner, other than that, it doesnt work
  10. You might need a new pc.
  11. Well, if you're using the old launcher then you'll need to start with the basics: make sure that you run the latest Java release.

However... If the new launcher only gives you a white screen then I'm pretty sure that your problem isn't caused by Minecraft but that something else (external) is causing these issues. See: all the new launcher does is retrieve web contents from the Mojang websites / servers. Comparable (to a certain degree) to the skins: those are also retrieved from Mojangs servers.

So what kind of anti-virus and firewall software are you using? It is possible that those are somehow blocking all this, so I'd start looking into that first.
  12. now normally, id aggree with the firewall, but 1, its set up to ask if i wish to allow acces for everything, and 2, it worked foor a while when i first got it, then it turned to a white window one day, so ill look intoi the firewalls, its just basic windows foirewall, glary utilities, and microsoft security essebtials, so...