MC crashing...

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by RickyAndrea9, Dec 11, 2017.

1. ik i ask for a lot of help, but bear w/ me XD so how would i fix this crash? (question aimed at people who know what it means)

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I blame Dinnerbone.

Time: 12/11/17 8:47 AM
    Description: Initializing game

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
    at bib.at(SourceFile:635)
    at bib.aq(SourceFile:458)
    at bib.a(SourceFile:404)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
    Thread: Client thread
    Stacktrace:
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:247)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)
    at bib.at(SourceFile:635)
    at bib.aq(SourceFile:458)

-- Initialization --
    Details:
    Stacktrace:
    at bib.a(SourceFile:404)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)

-- System Details --
    Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
    Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    Java Version: 1.8.0_151, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 47437992 bytes (45 MB) / 150876160 bytes (143 MB) up to 523501568 bytes (499 MB)
    JVM Flags: 6 total; -Xmx512M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
    Launched Version: 1.12.2
    LWJGL: 2.9.4
    OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
    GL Caps:
    Using VBOs: Yes
    Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Packs:
    Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    CPU: <unknown>
  2. if you can help me ill be greatly appreciative of your help :)
  3. First of all the obvious: make sure to get the latest drivers for your video card. Generally speaking it's best not to rely on any drivers which Windows itself may ship but to actually go to the site of your videocard vendor and grab their drivers. Especially with games this is usually the best.

Second: what launcher do you use? Are you using the current launcher (the one which allows you to change your skin and such) or the previous one? I suspect that you're either using the previous launcher or that you customized your launch profile.

See: the current launcher in its default settings uses a shipped Java runtime version. 1.8.0.25 (or close enough). You obviously run a later version. So it might help not to change that option and let Minecraft run with the default. Or... if you are still using the previous launcher it might be useful to consider an upgrade.

Finally: when does the crash happen? What are you doing at that time? Just starting Minecraft or is there more?
  4. I had this exact error on 3 PCs that I had MC on and each time the issue was drivers needed to be updated. After being updated, everything was fine.
  5. Ya I'm positive that's the issue.