Marlix

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by rykly18, Feb 4, 2017.

?

Agree?

+1 9 vote(s) 81.8%
+/- 0 1 vote(s) 9.1%
-1 1 vote(s) 9.1%
  1. Hey EMC, I know what sets this server apart from ther others is our uniqueness, and part of that uniqueness is our mobs. However I believe the marlix needs a well deserved nerf. I was out fighting a marlix on difficulty 4, which is abnormally low for those that know me, and it managed to drop my full unbreaking 3 diamond armor down to danger level durability. My helmet dropped to 12, chestplate to 126, leggings to 93, and boots to 19. Now I know that the marlix has been nerfed a few times before, with the new skeleton strafing, it makes the guardians even harder to kill, not to mention at one point I counted 27 enraged guardians attacking me, and I think this indirect skeleton buff with the strafing constitutes a nerf in the marlix again overall. I'm not saying we should completely make it incapable of fighting back, but I think a less erratic movement or decreased guardian spawn rate with a maximum amount of guardians being spawned at one time. Please let me know if you agree or have any complaints about my idea, thanks!
  2. +infinity, I can confirm I saw the rage in chat while this happened
  3. Marlix and I never get along so I definitely agree on that.
    Edit: Second ;)
    FadedMartian and Wither_Addict like this.
  4. I dont get along with marlix's especially after today :mad: Today I was shot out of the sky by a Marlix then it disapeared and I died and it took me like 2o minutes to find my valuable stuff xD I never even got to have an air battle with it ;-;
    +1
    Wither_Addict likes this.
  5. Plus 1

Only of the spawns are reduced as I find a ton of them very easy.
  6. What I have proposed is make the marlix spawn the enraged guardians after each hit on him. So after you hit him, he spawns two guardians, kill those two, and go back to attacking. And I agree, I don't fight marlixes anymore because I don't like having to repair my armor after each fight, even with mending.
  7. +1

The official idea behind Marlix (to my knowledge) is that players take it out in a group, but even then I can't help wonder about the high guardian spawn rates. The battle seems a bit off to me, you need melee for the guardians and bow/arrow for Marlix because you can no longer melee it.

To be honest my official response is +0 because I kind of stopped caring about Marlix, I normally always ignore it. But any improvement would definitely be welcome!

Tip: use /assist new and keep that compass on you. Its soulbound so you can't lose it if you die. And when you do die then the compass will point at your last death, making it really easy to find your stuff again. Another useful command: /dlog (short for /deathlog).
  8. The problem with fighting in a group is that there are some players like me who like to take these guys on by themselves and I mostly play by myself, sure I talk to people a lot but I'm rarely exploring or mining with someone else so a nerf would definitely help players like me out, plus like I said the marlix was indirectly buffed by the new skeleton strafing
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Super Bowl bump!
  10. Is it just because you are a bad shot with a bow?
  11. Respectfully disagree. There are strategies you can employ which make fighting Marlix easier. It doesn't need to be nerfed.

1. Use a full set of Diamond Armor with Projectile Protection IV, Unbreaking III, and Mending. XP from killing guardians and other mobs will constantly repair it.

2. If you're going to fight on land, use a 8:00 duration fire resistance potion so you're not constantly burning up.

3. A lot a people hate doing it, but fighting in the water really helps to slow down all those enraged guardians. They spawn below the surface and must slowly rise to the top before they can attack you. Their horizontal movement rate in the water is also reduced to almost nothing making them easy pickings

4. Don't shoot the enraged guardians if you can avoid it. If you position yourself so one enraged guardian is between you and the second of each pair which spawns, one of them will accidentally shoot the other and they will commence to fighting each other. They will ignore you completely until one of them dies and the one which is left usually only takes one shot to kill. Shoot them first though and they will attack only you until they are dead.

5. Practice. The first time I fought Marlix it took forever and I probably died 5-6 times. Now it only takes a few minutes and death is rare. You really can begin to get a sense of its movements over time which makes nailing it with a bow and arrow easier.

Just my $ .02. (PS- My player difficulty setting is typically at 5-7.)
  12. That seems a little rude, I wouldn't say I'm a bad shot but I'm by no means bad at it.
    And I had full diamond armor as well, the marlix has been nerfed a few times before but now there is an indirect buff with the skeleton strafe, also I've killed a good 30 Marlix by now, the erratic movements make it unpredictable and you just have to keep shooting until you hit it, then once you do, it draws you in and spawns guardians that immediately attack you. I'm no noob to this game, I've been active since day one and I'm almost at my 1 thousand day mark, and since the beginning, marlix have always been overpowered in my opinion, I just think a slight reduction in guardian spawns is needed.
  13. I never said you were. I just disagree that Marlix combat mechanics need to be nerfed given players' ability to self-ameliorate them using various fighting strategies such as the ones I outlined. Cheers.
  14. Sorry if you took that the wrong way, I meant it as saying I've killed them before and know the server
  15. I'm not trying to be rude, dude. I just was wondering if your accuracy with a bow could have something to do with it and apparently it doesn't. I tend to pass them by too. Takes too long and goes a long way to wear out some armor by the time they drop. When I first started on this server almost 2 years ago both the Marlix and Momo hardly ever spawned. Aikar really increased the spawn rate about a year and a half ago. At that time the Marlix was not that hard to kill. Aikar felt it was too easy and changed it to be more difficult. He has tweaked it a couple times since then to address player complaints. One way I like to measure something like this is to consider how much the drops are being sold for. I really don't think the drops are that expensive.