mailboxes

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ZombieSlayer010, Jun 26, 2012.

?

do you think this should be added?

yes 52 vote(s) 85.2%
No 9 vote(s) 14.8%
  1. How about a system where only people you designate to send things can?
  2. yeah, I think that would be best. Especailly in an auction
  3. and in 1.3 wrttion books well be like e-mail in minecraft
  4. haha thats what I was thinking too
  5. How about being able to block people? or maybe only be able to send and receive from people that you have "Friended" or something like that.

too late :(
  6. yup WRITTEN BOOKS ARE GOING TO HAVE SOOOOOO MANY USES srry for caps but they're gonna be so awesome :D!
  7. I guess i was too late for kev lol
  8. maybe one mail per person until the res owner "empties" the mail box? also, only writeable books from the next update
    marknaaijer likes this.
  9. hmmm maybe even a customized mail screen, different then a doublechest or wahtnot, play with the idea yourself I have nothin' left
  10. Nah a custom mail GUI would involve everyone installing at least like one .class file into they're Minecraft.jar and adding the GUI image to there GUI folder inside the Minecraft.jar

Which would not work because not everyone on EMC knows what a, "Minecraft.jar" is.
    marknaaijer likes this.
  11. How do you guys get the achievement signatures??? i can only put a link to them :(
  12. Use the [im g] code it gives you. That this is a cocoa bean in 1.3 by the way.
  13. I think there would be a tag on the mail so maybe in chat it would say... XX gave you XXX item and ZZZ gave you ZZZZZZ item. That way if people where to give you dirt for no reason you wiuld know who it was.
    vividOptimism likes this.

14. I was just thinking of a possibly easy way of doing this. Like a /mailto command that would send whatever you're holding in your hand to the recipient you specify (even a whole stack of items). And it just goes to the recipient's vault (so no need for a chest set aside as a mailbox). Also, with a confirmation message that it was sent, and the recipient would get a message that they "got mail" from the sender.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. yeah I think it's official, you can access your mail with a chat command or manually
  16. Thanks! BTW IK it's a cocoa bean, but my first reaction to them was What Is That!?
  17. Hold on i don't know exactly what to do...
  18. I got active member from talking so much on this thread...
    Destroyrofevil likes this.
  19. this is the fourth thred for this, Justin nearly implemented this once, there is proberly a good reason why he didn't , though this was back when we still had the arena server . I bet nobody still here apart from me and justin were on the server then, practically all of the well know players have dispeared , I haven't seen call me Tom for mounths