Losing XP?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Slip55, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Howdy hey, it's your favorite Owl here..

I have been told that you are NOT supposed to lose XP if you perchance die, but as a new player, I had died a couple times. I would be level, say, 59, and after death, back to 55....

Is this normal? Or maybe I misread it, do you lose SOME XP but not all? Can somebody please help clarify this for me?

Thanks!

~Slip
  2. You shouldn't be losing any xp upon death. The only possibility I can think of is that you enchanted or anvil'd something without remembering.
  3. I have been instructed to try dying, seeing if it does it again. But I haven't enchanted anything recently, I kept track yesterday. I was at 58 and upon dying, was shot to 55. So....Screenshots incoming!
  4. Was there anything special leading up to this? Also, where did this happen (wastelands, frontier, game server, etc.)?

Been playing for a while and have also had my "brilliant" moments but never experienced this myself. I'll also try to keep an eye out later on, maybe even work out a test (head farming might work) :)
    FadedMartian likes this.
  5. Very bizarre indeed. I have had some instances where I used XP enchanting/repairing and then smp jumped to somehow get the xp back. But wouldn't be able to re-create it as it happens randomly sometimes.
    Never actually lost XP though. Your test must be a glitch.
    Maybe the dev's can look into why.