[looking for] Decent Wither Skeleton farm for beacons

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iamfuturetrunks, Jun 8, 2020.

1. So I am in need of beacons, 58 specifically, for decoration design I want to do. Since most beacons are quite expensive and I don't really want to spend a bunch of rupees on something that's only gonna be decoration I figured my only other option is to get wither skeleton skulls and then get the nether stars to make beacons.

So that leaves me with two options. Either make a wither skeleton farm (which is now slightly easier with how they can now spawn on any nether bricks in the nether) which would take a long time to destroy or half slab a whole chunk to get optimal results (which I tried once before with another friend way back when wither skeletons could spawn in 2 high tall gaps and couldn't move and thus easier to kill but wasn't at all an optimal set up and still very difficult).
    Or find someone who has a decent wither skeleton farm already made and see if I can borrow the use of it (when they aren't using it) to try and get enough skulls.

I would need 174 skulls in order to make enough beacons. Currently I have 6 I could use right now to make 2 beacons. -_-

So im asking if anyone out there knows of a good (fast/reliable) wither skeleton farm that I could possibly use when they aren't?

I also saw one on smp8 that's basically on the way to the old nether fortress wither farm I used to use that looks like whoever made it destroyed and half slabbed all spawn able spaces within a chunk. But no idea who's farm it is. That one looks ideal (if it works pretty well).

My old one I had to travel using other peoples broken old mine tracks and use our half finished rail tracks just to get out to an area that wasn't even optimal at all. So hopefully any that are suggested aren't to long of a trek to get to.

Also I completely understand if you don't want to say you have a decent wither skeleton farm I could use in a forum post so if you want you can also send me a message on the site. Sometimes im afk in game so might miss it if you message me there just fyi. I have no plans to use it forever and will leave if the owners want/need to use it when im there.

So let me know otherwise ill need to start work to try and build a better wither farm somewhere. :S

Also! If anyone has some cheap beacons for sale maybe let me know that as well I might be willing to buy a few if they are pretty cheap. Again these are only gonna be used for decorations. I already have 1 I use on my res's for digging out dirt and stuff and one other one for taking out into the wild/waste for collecting resources.