Look here for free candy

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DemonThunder345, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Sorry for the unrelated title, I wanted as much viewers as possible. I want to create a game. I'm inspired by games like portal and half life, and counter strike. I want to make a game with a story as good as half life, gameplay/humor as good as portal, action as good as counter strike, just anything. But I have no ideas at all of what to make. I have all the resources and programs to make these games, but I have no ideas at all. If anyone can please give me some ideas for a game they would play, that would be extremely cool. I'm just not creative enough I guess.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Hey wow I remember you, Hmmm Sandbox games are over created at the moment. What program/engine software are you using. That's pretty important to know before going into a game as some engines will perform better/smoother for that style of game.
    Equinox_Boss and DemonThunder345 like this.
  3. I use unity and source
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Unity personal or Unity 5 Pro? (I forget what their payed version is called, haven't used it in a while)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Make a game where the guy just has a boring job, boring drive to work, boring everything, wife hates him, boss treats him like garbage, horrible neighbours, smog filled city...

The longer you do that routine, the wealthier you get, more resources/upgrades in your car, but also the weaker and at random various ailments. So a mix of good and bad things.

Eventually, the player will break routine, which is when the real game starts. The moment they deviate, they get fired, wife changes the locks on them and leaves all their stuff on the front lawn, basically they're left to survive out of their car and get from place to place for the rest of the game with whatever resources they had.

If they haven't done a crime yet in their routine violation, put them in a situation where they get framed for one. And the whole rest of the game is an adventure from city to city evading police, keeping the car running, and fighting for survival.
  6. I'd pay to play this game!
    Equinox_Boss and DemonThunder345 like this.
  7. Make this game plox?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. I want my candy tho..
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Basic unity
    That's actually amazing, I'd make it, but I need more details, like a title, kind of art, and just other general things
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I don't think you need the title to start, but I thought of one: 'Bad Days'. Well, I don't like it that much and I'm sure there's something better that will come along. Edit: I thought of another one - 'Stranger'.

I'm bad at art. But I know that there are an absolute tons of artists on game development forums just looking for projects to help with.

Well, here are a few ideas:

So apparently my searching for worst jobs comes up with all kinds of great jobs I think are absolutely great like firefighters, mail workers, and in another case marketing director, senior web developer. Well anyways, here are some jobs I think are horrible:
    - Working in insurance having to basically tell people they can't get the money to replace whatever they lost. Or you can make it health insurance - literally you have to reject people's claims and kill them.
    - Working in the accounts receivable department, basically chasing down people who are already poor for further sums of money they owe.
    - Having to manage suppliers for a large corporation which are based in developing countries and exploit all the labour.
    - Working for the military flying drones over cities and killing civilians in controversial secret missions.
    - Working as a lobbyist for a greedy pharmaceutical company.
    - Overseeing the building of a pipeline or road through native land.

I think the first or second idea is probably the best, since they play into the routine part. Basically, you want a job that would make any sane person miserable.

Here are some random events for the game start:
    Someone shows up in a nice suit and claims to be for a large investment firm. So he gives you all kinds of options for different investments you can pick, and really nice paperwork, and you can choose the amount and the investment. But 80% of the time it's a scam and he just runs away with your money.

All sorts of salespeople and tradesmen, which have 80% chance of charging more than they claim, 60% chance of taking longer than they claim, and 10% chance of showing up at your house in a subsequent night (up to 2 weeks later) and trying to steal things.

Things breaking down, furnace, water heater, roof, air conditioning, toilet, sewer backup. And then you have to call tradesmen specific to the job, who do the same as above. :p

Part of every night you watch TV, and you get all the mix of horrible stories about murder, theft, etc... If you stop watching, your wife starts nagging you to do things like the above tradespeople or chores. And if you don't do any of them then she leaves you and you get fired the next day.

One of the random events is a stranger showing up at the house, claims to be stranded and needing some basic help and the only options are various excuses you can make for not helping him.

Your car gets vandalized, spray-painted with some obscenity. And because you're going to be late for work the next day you have to drive with it. If you try to wash it off, you get fired and your wife leaves you.

In the later game, you're driving along and come to a major city. You drive through one of the communities, which coincidentally has the same name as your city. You drive into it, and then your car breaks down and your only option is to coast to the side of the road (or to push it there if you stop - and if you don't do either then a police officer comes and realizes who you are and arrests you). All the houses are the exact same design as yours (which you came from a neighbourhood where all the houses were cookie cutter anyways.) And then from that point the exact same scene from the random event with the stranded stranger plays out except now you're the stranger.
    DemonThunder345 likes this.
  11. Actually great idea, I'll start working on it right away.