Locking of chests in Wilderness

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Dec 14, 2011.

1. You are correct we are not vanilla, and things like the economy do change the behavior of the game. Its not so much that we want to be as vanilla as possible, it is more that we want to be as fun as possible keeping with the core SMP idea, mostly meaning to keep the risk of death, scarcity of items, and feeling of adventure :)
  2. I think we should have the backpack for Iron supporters and up, so that we encourage people to donate money to the server, but not so much that we have them wondering if its really worth the money to save their stuff from theiving people in the wilderness, and what I just said was IF we have the backpack idea go through. Because for me (being on a Macintosh) its not at all easy to download mods, I mean I don't even have ANY mods. It would just be more-so easy to get chests being able to be privated, but this isn't only about chests, this is about doors and furnaces too. I mean as Justin said before, he has seen on other servers, houses that are completely made out of privated chests and one privated door for max security. Anyway, I'm getting off topic here. We should just have 4 chests able to be privated, and the prices should get higher for each one, my price ideas for the chests are
    1-500r
    2-1800r
    3-2500r
    4-4000r
    Ok, maybe my price ideas for the chest privating is a bit to high for you people that just blow your money that you think will make your res cooler. But my solution for getting enough money to do this?
    SAVE. YOUR. MONEY.
  3. I love all of these suggestions, but my idea would probably be that all chests are free, but limited to two per person, and only two. However supporters could get more, such as Iron gets 4, Gold gets 8, and Diamond gets 16, something along those lines. That way no one has to worry about a giant wall, or paying hundreds or thousands just to get their own chests.
  4. I think if we do that its a temp lock like a few days this way we dont have 1000 chest all around :p also it should reduce the lag that ive seen on other servers
  5. Yup that was the intent of the high cost :)

I honestly am sort of against the temp thing. It is just one more thing for people to get confused about (even now I have to constantly answer questions around the derelict policy). It also sort of encourages stealing saying it is ok if the chest is unlocked.
    apamment and tjboy11 like this.
  6. well maybe 1 big chest per player?
  7. I believe this would be the case with any kind of chest locking system, regardless of the details.
  8. I agree with this, that way when I die in random cave X I just have to get there and dig down (and probably fall to my death in a ravine or something)
  9. I think that you should be able to buy a set of signs (2) for 1000 rupees (or make it a perk for all supporters ) and you right your IGN on one followed with a T (transmitter) or a R (receiver) so you can put one on one chest and one on another so when you put an item in one chest (T) it will disappear and reapear in the other so you could have one in the wild and one in your hous.

But I agree that it should be really expensive for normal players but cheap/free for supporters and their should be a limit of 3 chests.
  10. its ridiculously easy to make money in game and thats before i was a gold support so stop whining, these chests are valuable as heck and well worth 1000 to 3000 (closer to 1000 in my head but 3000 isnt terrible)
  11. Yeah, I just don't get out much ^_^

If I spent half as much time mining as I do building, I'd be making thousands every day.