Legendary Pokemon in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ForeverMaster, Nov 2, 2017.

?

Which of these Pokemon games will you be getting?

Ultra Sun 1 vote(s) 25.0%
Ultra Moon 2 vote(s) 50.0%
Both 1 vote(s) 25.0%

1. Out of all version exclusives in a pair of Pokemon games from Game Freak, the most important ones to me are the Legendary Pokemon.

Ever since Black and White (Generation V), I savor every encounter with one of these creatures. The recent official Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon news above made me decide to buy Ultra Moon.
    Taking all the Legendary Pokemon I already got from X and Omega Ruby, Ultra Moon would fill in everyone that I missed from Alpha Sapphire, except for Dialga.

Ultra Moon has Palkia exclusive to it, which I already caught in Omega Ruby. Therefore, granted that I try not to buy both pairs of a Pokemon release, I will need someone to buy Ultra Sun and be willing to make Dialga's nature in-sync with a modest Synchronizing Pokemon. I can provide the Pokemon to whoever accepts this. In return, each of us can catch Giratina for ourselves -- encountering it requires both Dialga and Palkia in the same party. There are other legendary Trio Masters, as well as Suicune between it and Raikou and Entei, in USUM that follow similar criteria.

1) Always lead with a Pokemon with the Synchronize ability. Half the time, it will make any encountered Pokemon have its nature. This is extremely important for Legendary Pokemon and Ultra Beasts, because they cannot breed. It's also useful for hunting for the rare shiny Pokemon.

2) One Pokemon knows False Swipe or Super Fang or Nature's Madness (the Z-Move "Guardian of Alola" can also be used) to ensure the Legendary doesn't faint unexpectedly -- failing to catch it.

3) A way to paralyze or snooze the Pokemon not only gives more time to catch it, before it Struggles and kills itself, the status also makes Pokeballs more likely to capture them -- sleep especially.

4) Many Legendary Pokemon have powerful attacks to whittle teams over the long battles with them. A "wall", defensive Pokemon, would actually benefit in this situation. I don't have to teach them defense-boosting moves, because I can use the consumable "battle items" instead (Fact: X-Attack through X-Accuracy were buffed in Sun/Moon. They now boost a stat by two stages instead of one, in exchange for costing more at Pokemarts).

*Some Pokemon can play multiple roles for catching, without influencing their ability or stats to excel in a particular area.
    Examples:
    Garchomp can both take hits and use False Swipe.
    Breloom can use False Swipe and learn Stun Spore or Spore to inflict status (doesn't affect Grass types though).
    Gardevoir can have Synchronize and status with either Thunder Wave or Hypnosis. Espeon and Umbreon are also capable of this, learning Yawn instead, one of Eevee's Egg Moves.
    607 likes this.
  2. What’s he difference from the other sun and moon?
  3. Ultra Sun and Moon are enhanced versions of Sun/Moon from last year, similar to Emerald, Platinum, and Black 2/White 2. "Ultra" comes not only from the presence of Ultra Beasts, but a lot of changes and new features not present in the original games.

The producer and director of Pokemon were interviewed about these new games. Maybe it'll further persuade you to play one version or both.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...uld_all_play_pokemon_ultra_sun_and_ultra_moon
    607 likes this.
  4. Geez, I feel Pokemon is getting ruined
  5. What specific changes over the course of the series makes you believe the franchise is worst than when it first started (anything other than because of nostalgia towards older entries)?

We should talk about this debate privately, outside this thread. My main goal here is to find someone who'll be getting Ultra Sun and can accept using Pokemon with Synchronize to catch the Legendary Pokemon with beneficial natures for them, such as a modest Dialga or an impish/adamant Landorus.
    607 likes this.
  6. Why isn't "neither" an option? :p

I won't be getting either one of them, because I don't typically play Pokemon games -- and the only device I have that plays them is a DS Lite (unless you count Pokken Tournament, because I have a Switch).

If they release a Pokemon game for the Switch in the original fashion I may consider purchasing it.
  7. I am pretty sure a core series RPG Pokémon game (or set of games, to go with tradition) will be made for the Switch. :)
    ILTG likes this.
  8. Game Freak already confirmed this. Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be the last Pokemon games they will make for the 3DS. They are working on a Switch game as we speak.

USUM are being treated as the "culmination" games of Game Freak's work with the Nintendo 3DS. So, they are packing as much content as the old 3DS can handle. Each game is 3.7 gigabytes, up from 3.1 GB from Sun/Moon and about 1.5 GB for XY and ORAS.
    People knew they would move on to what is now known as the Nintendo Switch ever since the Sun/Moon demo was released. The old 3DS models struggle to run the games optimally. I'm going to play Ultra Moon on a New 3DS, which I know will run the games much better than my older one.
    ILTG and 607 like this.