Leaving EMC

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ttyler333, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It means he didn't actually own the accounts. One person I know (Not saying names) has had over 5 different accounts all gotten off of a cracked forum page. These accounts technically aren't illegal to have, though it does break other rules on EMC specifically.
  2. Oh, so if I rightfully own an account it is okay? Thank goodness.
    We3_Nub and ttyler333 like this.
  3. While you're correct i only know my username :p. Heck my account was compromised like 6 months ago by something similar. Had to contact mojang for a password reset, due to my email address being changed on the account.

However due to someone sending me money, according to aikar, which i had a shop setup, it looks like i got everything and thats why i am banned.

Proof:
  4. I think a compromised account is a stolen account. You can have an alt if you paid for it though.
  5. Because this has turned into a public post instead of staying a private affair as intended and we have been accused of lying, I want to clear something up.

Use of compromised accounts is when you are using accounts that do not belong to you. Whether you get them off a password sharing site or hacked them, they are not allowed on EMC if they are not yours. Often these are noticed by flags on the accounts from other servers saying it was stolen, etc. In other ways they are noticed when multiple accounts log in, complete the tutorial, and forward any proceeds from 'joining' the Empire to the main account. This CAN be abused in a MAJOR way, farming starter item sets, rupees, etc for sale by the main account.

THIS WILL GET YOU PERMBANNED ON EMC.

If anyone has any further questions, please ask me in a forum pm. This thread is closed.
  6. Just going to add that it is actually illegal in the US.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/computer-crime.html
    http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/rpt/2012-R-0254.htm
    (And when I say you, I don't mean you jay2a, but, the person who performs these activities)

In simplest terms, by accessing other players accounts, and sending their rupees and items to yourself, you are tampering with the data on our servers, and you do not have the authorization to modify that data.

The act of using the accounts violates statement 4.

You are depriving another user their right to play on EMC in the intended flow, and force EMC to do extra work to restore that users data in the event they try to play on EMC.

This would be considered a 5th degree computer crime at the extreme minimum (Class B misdemeanor (up to six months in prison, a fine of up to $1,000, or both), and if you were to access someone else's account who has spent significant money on EMC, you could go into higher levels of the crime, and when you add on the cost of us investigating, repairing and processing the incident, it's pretty much guaranteed to go into 4th degree at least.

(see 2nd link for chart on penalties)

So before you use stolen password lists to economically gain in a Minecraft server, ask yourself is a 1 year prison sentence worth it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.