[Launcher] Are you using "Latest release" to play? Edit it!

Discussion in 'Player Guides, Tips and Tricks' started by ShelLuser, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Hi gang,

A short one this time... When things go as intended then we should see the release of Minecraft 1.13 "Project Aquatic" today. However, this could also spell trouble for some of you:

This is my launcher and I marked the default entries which everyone will get to see. So: if you use "Latest release" to play on the Empire then I strongly suggest that you use the new 'Copy' function to make a copy, rename it, and then use that new profile to play. Why? Because 1.13 will be released soon and that means that "Latest release" will then point to 1.13.

However, it's going to take the Empire a while to prepare for the upgrade, so until that time you need to use 1.12 to play online. Which you won't be able to do if you use the automatic "Latest release" profile.

So, how to fix this?
    • After you started the launcher click on the menu button (the three dashes) in the upper left corner.
    • Select the last tab, in English this is called: "Launch options".
      • You should now see a menu similar to my first screenshot.
    • Click on the copy option:

The copy function becomes visible after you selected a profile. Once you clicked on 'Copy' you'll be taken into an edit screen. Give your new profile a name, optionally change its icon (click on the icon in the upper left corner) and be sure to change your version!

Instead of using "Latest release" you should be using "Release 1.12.2", as shown here:

Then click 'Save' when you're done and from here on use this profile to play on the Empire until it has been updated to 1.13. Now you can enjoy Project Aquatic and still play on the Empire using 1.12.2 :)

Hope this can be useful for some of you.