Laptops

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gibabyte, Oct 18, 2015.

1. I recommend MSI gaming laptops. They are high quality gaming computers. I have one myself that I got for 700$ and it has lasted me two years. I can still run Battlefield 4 at 70 FPS with graphics settings on normal.
    TsuriNeko likes this.
  2. I have a MacBook Air 3, and it runs really fast, it is really lightweight, and it also has a pretty big screen (13 inch). However, it was 1,600 dollars. If you are looking for something slightly cheaper, go for an older generation macbook pro. The older MacBook Airs run slow, and they crash alot.
  3. lol.
  4. The chances of you getting a laptop with 16 gigabytes of ram are low to none. Most laptops that have 16 gigabytes of ram are over $1000. If your not doing much moving then just building a Mini ITX or Mini ATX desktop. Its not very hard.
  5. 16 GBs of ram in a laptop is a little unrealistic for that price range. More ram is great, but what applications are you using that would be that demanding? If you don't need a laptop, have you considered building a pc?
    TsuriNeko likes this.
  6. He MIGHT find a laptop with 16gb of ram in the 900-1000 range, but I kind of doubt it. When you get a laptop your sacrificing performance for mobility. Also most average laptops don't have 16gb of ram, because when is a parent that might go on Facebook or do some online shopping going to use that much? The only way he/she will get 16gb of ram is from an Asus ROG laptop or a MSI gaming laptop (insert mac fan comment here) or some other gaming laptop.
  7. I am looking at the MSI laptops at the moment. Especially because they are in general below budget. They have room for 16 GB of RAM and great specs. Do they have any substantial problems that I should be aware of?

I have but I'd rather not have to deal with the pain that is multiple computers; as I am going to need to take a laptop places, and while the laptop could be below average if I only needed it for the places I'm taking it to (School, NSA HQ, work), I plan to use it for everything else too.
  8. mine was 2,500 CAD$ and I run minecraft at 500fps, as my average.
  9. Not to mean to kinda derail the thread, but what model do you have? I belive I have the gl551jw-ds71
  10. Zotac ZBox Magnus EN970? (Amazon link)
    Sadly, though, this desktop doesn't come with an operating system, RAM, a hard drive, or a monitor, and costs $800 - $900. This could run over your budget, and it's not a laptop. But, it's small and easy to upgrade!

Seriously, though, it's pretty hard to find a gaming laptop that's only $800-$1000.

(If you're considering this desktop)
    RAM
    Hard Drive
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Windows 8.1
    Windows 10
    Okay, so choosing this computer, the RAM, HDD, and one of the operating systems will cost around $1025, and you'd still need to get a HDMI monitor if you don't have it already. This is just an option to look at if you don't find a laptop you want. The main reason I bring this up is because it's portable.
  11. Even though I play on a mac, sometimes there is lag, but most of the time it runs fine. Plus, my mac is very old, it is surprising that it works this well. :)