[Knowledge] School of Redstone - RSTech Lessons

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by PThagaard, Jun 7, 2012.

1. This will basicly take 5 hours - if you wanna create it too.

We can however make a 1 digit "clock" and i can show you the full version (takes 1-2 hours)

You pick.

This will however require ALOT of restone knowledge.
  2. Sounds like I'm not up to the level of that yet, I will have a look through other options and see what I need improving on.
  3. I would basically say that you would need more or less all lessons to see the usage of a 24H clock and how/why it works and why its stable.

If you have basic knowledge it can be done in 3 hours - if we move quickly and "split" the clock into smaller parts - and finish off by putting them together.

This includes us building a 2 digit "clock"/counter.
  4. Ok, I think I'll start of with
    • Why you NEVER use repeater clocks on SMP.
    • Signal, latch, shortening and pulses.
    I only have a very basic knowledge of Latches and Signals. and I use Repeater clocks all the time in SMP :D
  5. Lets add that up with the BUD, Pistons and buttons/levers if so - and we'll have a full hour.

How is the 9th for you?
  6. I'll have to check, But that should be good, I'll confirm it with you some time tomorrow.
  7. I really need to learn a lot about redstone.
    However, I just don't have the time now.
    Also, could we sign up for sessions on a very specific topic? Say, how to make a 3x2 piston door? (I already know how to do that, thank you very much)
  8. Yes, you may indeed sign up with a specific topic.

Thats the small/medium/large creations lessons - where you come with an idea - and i'll do my very best to explain it to you and build it with you (On the RSTech res)
  9. This maybe a good raffle prize for:)
  10. or you could just go on utube...
  11. Please, find me a youtuber with PThagaard's knowledge who can personally teach you how to do everything related to redstone.
  12. pth do you have a utube account?
  13. MAYBE i can afford 1 or 2 lessons..;)
  14. Lol.
  15. Agreed - everything is possible!

Most youtube videos are filmed on singleplayer - and along with the builder not explaining "why" it works, youtube is probly the most useless way to learn anything related to redstone.

In the end you'll end up being able to build a set amount of creations - without having the slightest idea what your doing. Its like reading the resume of a good book.

Yes, i do.
    No, you may not.

I'm sure we can figure something out.

At the moment im booked today, tomorrow and monday.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. is it any extra money to have it done over a skype call
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. No, not at all.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. cool i will make a 5 hr this saturday if possible? in the arts of minecarts
  19. PTech has probably the best redstone service in EMC. PTech could build the most complicated redstone machines, they are very efficient too. I would recommend that if you have any redstone related machines that you dont know how to build just go to utopia, type /v pthagaard 3 and then youre in his residence. PM him and discuss about your machine you want him to build. He comes to your residence prepared and would immediately start to work on the machine you want built.

Just today, PTech help me install a 3x3 retractable door and managed to complete it within 20mins.
    So i would recommend his service to everyone. And if you would like take up lessons of redstone from PTech. [For me, i am considering to enroll myself there after seeing him help me]. Overall, PTech provides top notch service while being really efficient too! I hope more people patronize his service.
  20. I just acquired a sufficient amount of rupees to do some 5 hours lessons...
    Could I pay for a 5 hour and get it spread out into 2 2.5-hour sessions? I'm kind of a busy guy, and I don't really have any chunks of free time that big.