Just a warning

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jay2a, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Well while I've been on my mac, I have never gotten a virus so far, and I use Firefox. I think I'll stick with macs until I can download that stuff.
    technologygeek likes this.
  2. I don't mean to be a pest, but again, how did you last computer get "fixed"?
  3. Yup, best thing about a Mac? When I start my MacBook up, I don't get spammed with YOUR ANTIVIRUS IS OUT OF DATEEEEEEE
    PenguinDJ and jacob5089 like this.
  4. That article sounds paranoid to me. The entire argument is on what if statements and Google using its powers for evil. I don't think any of that will ever happen for a long time and if it did then you could just switch browsers or search engines. Don't base you using chrome on that article.
    IE does have the merged search and address bar now on IE10 but it uses Bing as the default search engine instead of Google.
  5. Dont remind me O_O
    technologygeek likes this.
  6. Lol, then he best avoid the internet all together. :rolleyes:
    Pshhht, PC users just need to update their anti-virus when an update comes out or set it to automatic updates.
  7. 2013-07-25 17:57:55 +00001.png

Windows.....get on mah level :p
    jacob5089 likes this.
  8. My windows laptop had water spilled on it. I got it fixed. After I started using it again after it was fixed it got a virus days after. I used Firefox. And about the person who repaired it, He was trustworthy, he was my dad's friend.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  9. Brickfactory is a website full of instruction books for Lego sets that you can use to build them.
    Click on any other link on Brickfactory and your computer will suspect that it's unsafe.

Exactly why I posted this thread.
  10. lfidhjgolkdjflgkjdfg.PNG
    It was probably just an ad. Its a common issue. Even EMC was flagged as unsafe a long time ago due to one ad. If I remember right, Justin had to do something about not allowing that ad anymore. So the admin on that site probably had to go through a similar process.
  11. Ads should be better moderated by Google. Lots of ads try to get you to download something or if you are on a site like mediafire, will try to trick you. I have accidently clicked on ads using a tablet on this site and many bring up and unsafe credentials warning.
  12. It wasn't the ad, I have Ad Block so it won't even show up on my computer. Click on the "By Theme" button.
  13. Hmmm, yeah I just got the warning. But it doesn't matter if you have Ad Block, it will still warn you about the site. I would avoid it for now though, and check back in a week or so.
  14. A week might help, but it has been going on for 90 days or more, so I have no idea.
  15. I have ABP, a couple times Adf.ly caused my Anti-Virus to go off :p
  16. This thread isn't about Chrome, and if, it's dangerous. It's about the dangerous sites. And Google would never do anything to harm a computer anyway so I don't think Chrome is unsafe.
  17. I don't even have a Anti Virus, And I'm on a OS X
  18. As a Mac user, I'd recommend an antivirus. There are some good free ones (like Avast) for Mac. As OS X becomes more and more popular, it's becoming a target for malware authors. Remember the Flashback trojan from 2012? After that, Apple removed "virus-free" from their marketing.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.