Just a lil question about books!

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by CadenMann, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Hello world!

I was just wondering if there's a way to make multiple copies without actually rewriting the book many, many times. I'm thinking about making a EMC yearbook, containing all the quotes from players on EMC. I just need a way to make multiple copies.

Thanks, and please answer ASAP!
    cadenman2002
    PenguinDJ, NZScruffy and Scorpio528 like this.
  2. Put the original book, along with other book and quills into the crafting menu, and it should make copies of the book.
    NZScruffy, 607, Bandoro and 5 others like this.
  3. It amazes me how there are not other people answering his question this time. Normally, with these sorts of threads, I see at least three people correctly answering the same question.
    One thing to note is, that you can see that the book has been copied, I believe (by looking at the data beneath the name).
  4. And does anyone, by chance, know if it's possible to put fonts in a book? And if so, how?
  5. Different fonts? No, I really don't think Minecraft will ever support that. Book and quills work in a quite simple way, and I like that.
  6. You can pickup a copy of my "Book Writing 101" at smp6 /v 12060.

It's very difficult to explain some tips/tricks in a book, but i tried. :) I'll add it to my list of things to do video tutorial on.

But indeed. ATM, you can copy a book unlimited times, and the copies are identical to the original.

Crafting table recipe:

w = Written book (book + ink + feather)
    B = Original Book
    You can make from 1 to 8 copies at a time.

wBw
    607 and 5weety like this.
  7. Suggestions for your yearbook:

- Use a different color for each quote, keeps it interesting, and separates each quote.
    - Use only darker colors, as the light colors are very hard to read (yellow particularly).
    - Include a title page as I have done with my books, so they can be used with a [message] feature sign to get a synopsis on the book.
    - Rename the book on an anvil, so when placed in a picture frame and player moved mouse over it, the name hovers over it.

NB: I've been known to assist with publishing books. If you want to give me the content/text, I can create a book for you to approve.
    607 and 5weety like this.