Issue with lagout/timeout

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by ElfinPineapple, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Good Evening.

Since I joined EMC, I've been having issues with my minecraft client randomly lagging me out. I initially thought it was my internet connection at my apartment, but it is clocking in as significantly faster than my home connection, which I was on prior to moving here. Oddly enough, the kicks have grown to a higher frequency since I moved here.

Is it possible for SS or an admin to check to see if the issue is coming from the server or my client? It will help me isolate what is going on and be able to fix it more effectively. :)

Thank you very much!
  2. This may be helpful, it is quoted from another player who has been getting kicked.
    ElfinPineapple0 likes this.
  3. Type /tps (I think that is right) and it will give you a number. Something close to 20 means the server is running fine and that the lag is coming from you. I don't have much experience with apartments, but if all of the apartment internet is connected, it would cause problems. If everyone is trying to use it at once, things will slow down a lot. It also could be your client randomly losing connection with the wifi if you use that.
    ElfinPineapple0 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. Does the connection quit at a certain time of day? If you are on cable internet, your "local" node might be getting clogged due to everyone using the internet at the same time.
    ElfinPineapple0 likes this.
  5. Timing has been a bit staggered jk. I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and compare timeouts with that link you sent. Hopefully it'll paint a better picture of what is going on here. :)
  6. Just got a different connection lost message.

"Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException"