Is Minecart glitchy in EMC?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by lijiaqigreat, Aug 17, 2019.

1. I'm planning to use minecart with hopper to collect loot for farms in town. I'm worried that because of service-client difference, chunk loading, or any other reason I don't understand, minecart might glitch out.
    Here is two scenarios i'm mainly concerned with:
    1. If I leave a minecart on a rail on a hopper and no body touches it, will it ever glitch to move to somewhere else?
    2. If I have a minecart running in a loop using powered rail every a few normal rails, will it ever stop moving?
  2. I found sometimes with one of my farms that Minecarts would stop on a chunk border if one of the chunks is loaded and the other isn't (at least that's what I think was wrong with it). I'd advise keeping rail systems inside 1 chunk to prevent that
  3. I have some hopper minecarts that travel multiple chunks, but they are user activated (otherwise they sit somewhere) and the chunks are pretty much always either fully loaded or not loaded at all. I haven't had any issues so far, despite having used the system for hours upon hours. One thing that I do recommend: I personally made literally every straight rails powered rails, to prevent accidental slowing down. I also made sure that there aren't any blocks next to corners (not sure if this actualy does anything but it's a good piece of mind). Good luck! :)
  4. I did some testing, looks like the minecart slows down a lot faster than in single player worlds. It also stopped looping after a few loops even when it's in the same chunk. Here is my rail loop design: c for corner rail, r for regular rail, p for powered rail:
    crrprrrrrrrrprrc
    crrprrrrrrrrprrc
  5. I'm basically trying to design some large farm that has to be able to pick up items from one layer below. If I can't reliably have the minecart looping. I'll have to put a stationary minecart in every space and have a hopper underneath (around hundreds of minecart), which will cause lag, right?