Iron Farm

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheMiniKins, Jan 30, 2013.

1. If building it on water place water above the top using blocks or signs to cover it. If on sand such as desert cover it with sand, it will then help with hiding it :)
  2. what do you think i done :)
  3. Why should I have to spend all that time disguising a build on top of the time I spent building it because some lazy goon can't lift a finger to do something for himself and wants to leech off my efforts?

The way this is treated is so contradictory:

Town is traditionally supposed to be a place to just build and Wild to collect blocks. Yet there are things we can do in Minecraft, but not in Town. Try building any kind of a grinder of farm there. Try building anything over 60 blocks long there. Try gathering snow, string, lava, etc. there.

Every time some sort of grief happens we're reminded that we have Town to build in so we shouldn't build in the Wild. But griefing is against the rules.

Every time someone gets things stolen in the Wild we are reminded that we have Town and Locked chests. But stealing is against the rules.

Someone comes to a structure you've built in the Wild without your invitation and causes trouble? Well, you should have built it 90 brazilian light years into the Wild, so it's your fault that you wanted to be reasonably close to Town.

Someone steals something like a bank of furnaces that you normally wouldn't bother Locking? Well, that's not important enough to Ban someone. You should Surround your build with Locked chests, nightly store millions of blocks, then rebuild everything the next day. It's your fault for being lazy and leaving shiny objects laying around.

I don't want to have to only build underground. I don't want to have to elaborately disguise my builds from Live map. I don't want the materials I can use to build with to be limited to dirt and Cobble and I want to be reasonably close to Spawn so I can occasionally go back there.
    o0_Jetfire_0o likes this.
  4. I have no intention of telling anyone of the Iron farm's coordinates, as I was INVITED to on on Utopia, all I did was ask how to build one so calm down with the angry mob...
  5. you said you found one on 3 using live map...
    o0_Jetfire_0o, Pab10S and jkjkjk182 like this.