Invisible player on my server?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 1998golfer, Sep 9, 2012.

1. I would try to remove everyone from the whitelist, and see if they still connect. If they do, you have a huge problem.
    If they do not, add back the people 1 by 1. When the griefing starts again, it is the person you just added.
    Can you post the server config file?
    Also, you probably already did this, but open the whitelist and make sure they are not there.
  2. I'm suggesting banning and deopping the random name and numbers. Better still, don't deop - delete your ops file.
  3. One other thing. Are you using Bukkit, or are using the server from minecraft.net?
  4. Here is a list of my plugins:
    advlog
    autosaveworld
    banhammer
    chestshop
    choptree2
    commandsEX
    firstjoinplus
    glowstone lanterns
    group manager
    homespawn plus
    magic torches
    lockette
    modreq
    monsterbox
    multiworld
    olychatsuite
    permissionsbukkit
    pickuparrows
    pluginmetrics
    worldedit
    zavautomessager

any you recognize that might be bad?
  5. Any of them could be bad, any one of them could be a malicious version. I'd wipe each one off, then re-add them one at a time, making you download them from bukkit.org. Also, it might not be a plugin, as Soul said, you might be having much bigger problems.
  6. I got them all from bukkit.org or dev.bukkit.org. and it took forever to configure them... so id rather not erase them all. and no1 is op that i dont know (i checked the list) so some1 isnt using a plugin or something to gain op...
  7. Last Resort time: Wipe the sucker.
  8. There is only one answer to this... Contact notch
  9. Can you post the file named server.properties?
    This would help me diagnose whitelist issues.
  10. Look at the console and get the IP he/she joined from and ban it.

Do you have /vanish command?

You can also just remove all whitelisted people =P
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  11. They did not show up as an online player.
    Nope.
    The only whitelisted people are people i know in real life and i see 5 days a week at school :).
  12. Mabey it's one of youre friends?????
  13. sure, but ill block out the ip.

#Minecraft server properties
    #Sun Sep 09 17:37:21 MDT 2012
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=RepubliCraftnew
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=true
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=*REMOVED*
    max-build-height=256
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=true
    spawn-animals=true
    snooper-enabled=true
    hardcore=false
    texture-pack=
    online-mode=false
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    gamemode=0
    max-players=200
    spawn-monsters=false
    view-distance=10
    generate-structures=true
    motd=RepubliCraft Beta!

there it is :)
  14. I think the problem is the line that says:
    This means that your server does not check to make sure everyone is a valid player.
    Change it to true.

To quote the minecraft wiki:
  15. My friends who play do not have minecraft accounts :) i gave them all hacked clients so they can download the jars. I have that set like that or else none of my friends can get on :). I have it white-listed so only my friends can get on, and they tell me the usernames they use.
  16. Is there a way to change the IP address, or something so that they can't find the server to begin with?
  17. Highly unlikely. Impossible actually. Well, if he's running it off his router, I suppose he could make his IP dynamic long enough so that it changes, then make it static again...
  18. I am 99% sure the griefers are getting in because of the online-mode setting. Even if there is a whitelist, anyone can get around it if it is in offline mode.
    Any reason your friends don't buy minecraft accounts?
  19. I'm no server genius and never used bukkit but the fact your friends use HACKED clients that have HACKS in them and qwerty's post explains all that.

I'm seeing a pattern here.
  20. I wouldn't help you even if I knew the solution to the problem. Minecraft is only $27, there's no excuse to use it illegally.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.