Invalid usage of color codes in shop creation

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Envine, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Why dose this message appear every second time i place and write out a shop sign... quite annoying
  2. Could you provide context of how you are writing the shop sign? Whenever I made a shop sign the rule of thumb is this

[Line 1] Leave blank this will autofill
    [Line 2] Amount, specify a number of what that item you want to buy and sell (Example: 32)
    [Line 3] Couple options here but easiest way is to remember the buy amount is on the left and sell is on the right (buy meaning how players buy from you, selling meaning how much players sell an item to you) easiest way I found was going #:# where the # is a number.

OR if you want you can just 'buy items' simply writing the number on the third line ie/ #
    where # = any real number from FREE-infinity

OR if you want to 'sell items' make sure to write :S # where # is any real number from FREE-infinity

[Line 4] Again more options. Easiest way is to use the pending option and right click with the block that you want to buy/sell

ie/ #

I hope this helps but here is an example of how to do the various methods without all the writing
    'Buying and selling'
    EquableHook
    64:32
    #

'Buying only' (meaning you are selling)
    EquableHook
    #

'Selling only' (meaning you are buying from players
    EquableHook
    :S 32
    #

Hope this helps!
    607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  3. i write them exactly like this
    Envine
    B 10 : 5 S
    # (or item name)
  4. Do not use the B or the S on the 3rd line.

(Type nothing, auto-fills your name)
    10:5
    #

This method works every time and is simple. If you change your playername, the signs will automatically change for you, if you let it auto-fill.
    The price only needs a colon : to be accurate.
    and the # will auto-fill the item id - even if Mojang changes it later (it happens sometimes with updates)

This is the corrected method for the player selling to you

(type nothing)
    :5
    #

Best of luck !
    Katy
    607 likes this.
  5. Even if that works, I wonder what the colour code thing is about? My initial thought was that the # might cause the problem, but I'm pretty sure colours can only be done using & on signs.
    You aren't actually trying to use colours, right? :p
  6. "#" is not the issue, as long as it is being used without other numbers or letters.
    I have made 100s of shop signs :p

"&" is the symbol for colors, but it was recently fixed, as there was a bug that you couldn't use that symbol on signs without doubling it.
    607 likes this.