[intellectual debate] What is the best country/hardcore patriotism

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JJtheWise, Nov 10, 2014.

?

What country were you born in?

This poll will close on Mar 10, 2098 at 3:05 AM.
United States of America 15 vote(s) 68.2%
United Kingdom 1 vote(s) 4.5%
Kingdom of Sweden 0 vote(s) 0.0%
United Mexican States 0 vote(s) 0.0%
French Republic 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Federal Republic of Germany 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Russian Federation 1 vote(s) 4.5%
people's Republic of China 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other 5 vote(s) 22.7%
  1. I thought it would be interesting to see both; Where EMC players live, and just have a fun lighthearted debate to learn about some counties around the world.

Few rules I would like you to follow;
    1. Keep this fun and intellectual, no insults or put downs.
    2. Use logical arguments, no "USA is best because we have the best cookies" two things wrong; Sweden has the best cookies, and there is no factual or logical evidence.
    3. Explain anything that others might not understand,"Canada has great healthcare,"=bad,"Canada has great healthcare due to it's socially funded status"

1. You can argue for any country
    2. if the country is not well known, ex. Belize or Nicaragua, try to provide geographic information.
  2. You forgot Canada!

Anyway The Healthcare in Canada is free due to taxes so we cannot easily get crippling debt for injuries.

Atleast in Alberta we have no taxes besides GST due to our Oil sands. ( Goods and services tax= %5)

Also... Maple syrup :3
  3. I'll begin with my argument for the USA;
    1. Militarily, the strongest in terms of firepower and funding
    2. We did the moon
    Trapper777 likes this.
  4. sorry, I knew I would miss a lot, Still make your argument and enlighten us all.
  5. Can't deny 3
    Sir_Reginald_ likes this.
  6. I think China could take on US pretty confidently. http://imgur.com/IICjvwc China:Left US:Right
  7. China does have the manpower, but you must look into funding. The US defense budget is- 689 billion+, while china has- 129 billion. An army is no good without money.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. That source, just at first glance, seems unreliable. The "first glance" showed me that China has the 3rd biggest GDP in the world, even though it is actually the 2nd largest. Because of this, I will disregard it.

Reasons why China cannot take on the U.S. confidently:
    1. Our defense budget is comically larger than any other countries. We could literally declare war on every country in the world and have a fighting chance.
    2. Because of point 1, 'Murica has the best equipment in the world. I mean, we just figured out how to make functioning rail guns that cost less than a BMW. We have more aircraft carries than any other nation.
    3. We have army bases all over the world. This includes a ton of forces in South Korea, Japan, Australia, and other countries strategically placed around China.
    4. Our army is better-equipped, richer, better fed, more skilled, an WAY more patriotic than China's army. America's army is voluntary and filled with high morale and citizenship -- unlike China's army.
    5. We have more allies. China's allies include mostly post-communist states and little else. The U.S. is allied with a huge amount of strategic partners all around the world, and, as they are part of NATO, have 27 member countries bound to help them.
  9. All of the above.
  10. But China's allies have some of the most advanced missile systems in the world...
  11. jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. I voted Russia because of irvan invading Ukraine just for the lolz
  13. that's the korean dude not the chinese one LOL
  14. I vote 'No country'

Truth is ... the human population was decimated a long time ago; the remaining people are being bred in a farm, and we are in a matrix program. >:3
  15. How very observant of you, Ulti. ;)

As for the topic... "Best" is such a subjective statement. Best at what? Best for what?
    USA has a lot going for it, but our reputation on the world stage is that of a drunk frat boy waving his ballistics around and going "Mine's bigger!" I'd be much prouder of my nationality if we'd collectively learn to just chill the hell out and realize not everything has to be a pissing contest.

Also, our next president damn well better not embarrass himself taking selfies at a bloody funeral.
    jkjkjk182 and Trapper777 like this.
  16. North Korea is one of china's closest allies, and they hate each other.
    Trapper777 likes this.
  17. The "best" all-rounder counties in the world are the Nordic and Northern European countries like Norway and Sweden IMO. That's based off of specific indicators, like Human Development Index, economics, happiness and human welfare instead of patriotism that's unaligned with anything but media and how you were raised. For example, Norway has the highest HDI and all of these countries have very progressive and modern policies of government. GDP and other indicators are fairly average, but a high GDP doesn't necessary mean a "good" country either - just look at China and the conditions there.
    Kephras and southpark347 like this.
  18. Yeah! Go team canada! Woohoo! Except for the fact I live in Ontario and we have HST here too :3
    Sir_Reginald_ likes this.