I'm thinking of making a workers union on EMC.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mrlegitislegit, Feb 27, 2012.

1. dont most shipping companies fully insure their drivers while working mali? and on the job accidents like that are usually paid for by the employer too, or union
  2. I could work for very little, but it depends on the job. Wood gathering's like 2 to me, but creeper farming will probably take up a few rupees.

And I only use stone swords...
  3. Actually...

I don't even need money for most jobs, but if it's something I'm not accustomed to (i.e. finding Strongholds), I'll need something for that.
  4. Yeah costs are paid for, but there is no 'loss' to pay for. And there's no insurance.
  5. Guess what everyone... this is a GAME!
    Malicaii12 and Sopby like this.
  6. Also...a game with JOBS!

Not much need for a workers union, though. People often just offer $ when they want to.
  7. i do agree with you on that, the employer themself doesnt cover insurance costs, just offers the plan from a provider as a copay or something similar, as many are saying already though,
    It is a game, and does not need job security, therefore we need not a union, but a guild. a place where players can go to hire reliable workers who have previous experience and have been proven to be trustworthy :)
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  8. If people don't like their wage then get another job, simple as that.
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  9. This is a game. Nobody works, everybody's playing. As such, the only way to get them to complete work for you is to make it like a game.
  10. I stand by my initial statement. Workers union on a game is unecessary and over complicating the joys of multiplayer.
    Green_Mystery likes this.
  11. I know it's been said many times now, but I'd like to say it myself:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PAY, DON'T TAKE THE JOB.

If you are cheated out of your pay by your employer however, then that is something you can let us know and we can handle it. All this is is unnecessary red tape that would just make EMC jobs more complicated for everyone.
  12. Ok, so it's a little late in the conversation but wow. You would want comensation for fake dying doing a fake job in a fake world because you weren't notified of the risks. Did you notice you had a health bar? It's there for a reason. Even in real life, I know that almost everything I do has some sort of risk up to and including death and I don't have a health bar magiaclly floating next to me. All I ask is that you publish this list of union members so I can know not to higher them due to their lack of commen sence.

Just a thought, maybe you should ask for 15 minute gauranteed breaks and supplied bread too per job. Oh, and maybe everyone should start paying in 10r a day for the new EMC social security program for when these Union Members get of age to retire.

Why oh why do people want to turn something that is fantasy into reality.
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  13. Good lord.
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  14. I think this is a good idea except for the minimum wage. It should be the employers deciscion.

Another possible rule is whether the employee will use his own tools or if the employer will provide them.
    This must be agreed upon a t the start of the contract.

Also another good rule is the employer cannot back out of the contract for no reason.
    If the employer does not have enough money at the time to pay the employee then they must agree upon a "late
    date" for the money and the employee does not work until he is paid.

Also another good idea is we should have make a thread for stuff like this so it doesn't clog the forums and is easier to find.

Examples of what could be in there would probably include:

1. Good employers (employers who have shown a degree of excellence.)
    2. Current jobs (employers that need people to help)
    3. Bad employers (people who have not honored their contract.)
    4. Employee postings (for people who want to get hired get haven't found a job)
    5. Good employees (people who have shown a degree of excellence.)
    6. Bad employees (people to watch out for because they did not honor their contract.)

Hope this helps :D