[IDEAS] What should I do for my map?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Carbhoe, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Hello,

I want to make an adventure map. The trouble is, I don't know what to add! I'm thinking of a medieval RPG. But I need a smart person or 2 or 3 or 4 MORE to help with ideas.

Ideas gathered from my brain:
    1. Villager Shops
    2. Enemy Castles
    3. Mod compatible (I have a thought on that)
    Please reply to this, it'll be a miracle for me.
  2. Why don't you post this on Hypixel's forum? :p
    Jimbonothing64 and NINJATTILA like this.
  3. Long Dangerous Forests, Secret Caves Filled with Loot, Deserts, Long quests that take you all over the Map, And if you want mod Support try Mine and Blade Mod.
    TomvanWijnen and SoulPunisher like this.
  4. I'm guessing that by adventure map, you mean that player's won't be able to place/destroy blocks, only interract with levers, buttons, etc. If so, it will be much easier to control the gameplay. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
    I believe it's possible to modify villager trades so that they give/accept custom items. For example, you could make a villager give 1 bread for 3 rotten flesh, etc. This could make common mob drops more useful and reward players for killing more of them.
    Also, you'll probably want to incorporate ender chests as some kind of "bank" system - especially if the map is big.
    If you want to give your map a story, you'll want to control where players can and can't go. This means you'll need to block off certain areas until they've completed some task. One option is to make a redstone lock, then hide the combination somewhere else in the map. Another possibility is to use maps as "keys" as shown in this sethbling video:

These maps could be hidden in boss dungeons, etc. Of course, I wouldn't worry too much about the redstone until you know what the rest of the map would be like.
    You might want to incorporate the nether as some kind of "other realm." Since you can alter the blocks, you can make it themed however you want - you don't have to make it full of fire and lava.
    As for what to actually include in the map, I don't really know. It's hard to do any type of boss fight without using mods - you'd have to rely on mob spawners or complicated redstone machines if you use vanilla.
    My advice is to come up with some interesting dungeon designs and puzzles. That's probably going to make up the bulk of the map. Players won't care how complicated the redstone used to make it work is - they just want something that's fun to play.
  5. Mine colony mod
  6. Well if you are good with mcedit then you can make all sorts of creepers XD
  7. He's been picking up command block commands, mcedit tricks, NBT Editing stuff, and redstone experiments with the hopper block over the past few weeks. He's more determined than me to make a map, and that's weird seeing as I have one from last year :p
  8. I know what to do, I use MCedit to make custom villager trades, thanks for reminding me though.