Idea about eggifying

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Firebox360, Mar 18, 2012.

1. of course there will, animals don't despawn, and they will respawn slowly. even if the areas around the spawn and outpost are wiped out, once people have to pay again, they'll slowly come back.
    EdmundWayne likes this.
  2. I think we did mention this in another post, but just incase, I'll bring it up here as well. One thing that we're extremely proud of is our Economy. I dare you to find any other economy in Minecraft that thrives as good as ours does. I'll save you some time...it doesn't exist. One of the key factors in this is having a constant in-game drain of rupees to encourage or force others to make more money instead of everyone having 2374823949243 dollars/rupees.

I've heard that other large servers have to reset their money systems when people use duplication glitches and throw a huge off balance in the system. While we've had this happen a few times (duplication morons selling expensive things for cheap), our economy managed to balance itself back out in a short amount of time. That's saying something.

Sorry for that huge rant, but long story short of it is, we need things to drain rupees. We'll never do anything crazy like making it cost rupees to mine blocks or anything, lol, but new/invented features will always most likely have some sort of rupee drain.

This also helps us with another one of our 'pushes', which is to encourage as much TOWN use as possible. While we don't disallow or discourage Wild use, it's always known that TOWN is our baby at EMC, and using the Wild will come with some extra hurdles in order to survive. :)
    nab27, jlopez24 and apamment like this.
  3. Achievement get! Jeremy agrees with me! :D
  4. To be honest I think an inter-server pork shortage is a far more pressing reason against free eggification, but rupee drain is good too i guess :)
    GameKribJEREMY and jlopez24 like this.
  5. Exactly, and every few weeks in the yellow zone they will be force-respawned.
  6. Yeah just we get enough as supporters so we shouldn't complain. Justin, Jeremy and ALL staff make this server as realistic as possible. Thing that would taint this idea taint the Idea of EMC. All decisions are made in the best interests of Admins, Staff, Supporters, and Free Players alike!
  7. Haha, I'm confused. My rant was more saying that we need to charge for eggification. Weren't you arguing for it to be free? Haha. I must be tired.
  8. No whoever posted this forum wanted it to be free. I was trying to say having it free would wipe out the animal population:p
  9. Oh lmao! I am tired. For some reason I thought you started the thread. Ignore me, haha.
    jlopez24 likes this.
  10. Best

Idea

EVER!!!!
  11. I think 100R is a great total, which helps prevent pokeball madness mega eggification.
    jlopez24 likes this.
  12. I'm looking down at the idea of Diamond/Gold suppporters with free eggification. I'm actually thinking it should just be cheaper, like 50 or 20 rupees, just for the sake of keeping animals alive in the Wilderness and not necessarily leaving the others out. (one could also expedite the animal spawn rate to make free eggification viable)

Though catching mobs as Supporters? Completely fair, and I approve of this. ;)
    jlopez24 likes this.
  13. why on earth would you want to spawn monsters in town?
    jlopez24 likes this.
  14. XP, easy mob loot
  15. wouldn't it be easier just to kill them in the wild, than go to the wild, eggify monster, bring back to town, spawn, then kill?
    jlopez24 likes this.
  16. What is this, Pokemon?
    jlopez24 likes this.
  17. There are NO hostile mobs in town... theoretically. Eggification if a great enough. I say keep the price. 100r for ALL players. And be grateful we can eggify animals PERIOD.
  18. Eggification it's nice how it is for several reasons, i will list some here:

- The old /purchase animal costed 250r (150% more than the harry potter magic we have now)
    - People would just go and make huge farms on every residence on every server and that would mean LAG in some epic numbers
    - The price for the animals/eggs would be like 10-20r because the market would saturate
    - People would stop buying stuff like wool, meat, leather and other animal drops because they could make huge farms for free.
    - We would have like 10k derps going out in wild, running around and getting 10k animals/second, which once again would mean LAG. *I exaggerated a bit here*

Answer to "it could be a perk":
    -Diamond and gold supporters (as stated up by someone else) get double/triple what freebies get, which means that they would overpass (even more) the EMC economy by having more money related perks

I believe eggification it's fine how it is, and i'm pretty shure Justin, Jeremy and every staff member involved thought about it more than 2 mins for it to be 'perfect'.
    jlopez24 likes this.
  19. Oh and Jeremy HIMSELF has spoken..
    Biscuitboy5396 likes this.