[idea] A museum world

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Mar 20, 2013.

?

After reading the post (and the thread), is a "Museum" world a good idea?

Yes! I love the idea the way it is! 27 vote(s) 79.4%
Yes, but it needs some small changes! (please comment in the thread) 2 vote(s) 5.9%
Yes, but not for people who have been banned. 1 vote(s) 2.9%
I like the idea, but it needs some major changes. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No idea. 1 vote(s) 2.9%
No. It's an awful idea. (choosing this option will make Jabr sad, but Jabr will understand) 3 vote(s) 8.8%
  1. Can we get a mod's opinion on this? or even someone with technical expertise (*cough cough* JustinOrAikar *cough cough*)
  2. *supports this idea; hopes staff is willing to do this*
    Just a few questions though, would this world be a duplicate of town with empty reses until a res has been duplicated to there?
    Would this world be on only one server or all of them?

Off topic:
    I noticed…:p But you weren't that inactive…
  3. Using the town template might be easiest, yes.

I edited it to include that. Sorry if you saw it before I edited it and were confused.
    penfoldex likes this.
  4. This sounds like a great idea, and though it could lead to some people clamoring to get their reses included, I think overall it would be worth it and super fun to run around in and feel insignificant in XD
  5. Where you been lately?
  6. Uh busy man, to busy to get some EMC time in, plus I've been really tired, so no late night gaming, I've ha to sleep on a towel in the bathroom pretending I was having a shower xD
  7. haha, lol
  8. I love this idea and needs a little work and more planning but sounds Great :D
  9. A mod's opinion? :p

This would definitely need to be discussed by the staff. I agree that is incredibly disappointing that some residences are lost to Derelict and some Banned players. The only issues I see is that often we don't see it coming when an incredible Residence gets re-claimed. The actual ability to do this is there.

If I remember, I will bring it up with the Staff tomorrow. I bet many will agree, but the methods of going about it would need some work.
    oremia and penfoldex like this.
  10. If I remember correctly, a mod has to clear the derelict residence anyway if someone new wants to claim it, right? I'm sure at that point (though it would be a single person's opinion) it can be at least initially decided whether or not to add that person's res to the museum.

Another issue I foresee is what constitutes "permanently gone"? Banning, sure. But I know some players (cough, me) that have left EMC for months just to pick it back up again later. I have one solution - actually enforce the derelict policy a little bit so you can preemptively copy awesome reses and create more open plots in one go.

When I was new, I didn't know that I could get someone's res reset if they had been gone for more than 10 days. I assumed they were automatically reset. So there were only like 10 plots to choose from with /res open whereas there were many more derelict plots that I could have taken.
  11. I keep wanting to talk to you but your not on...
    This is a great idea. Think about leowaste. His shop is amazing but he's inactive now, and we don't want that lost,
    I've seen too many awesome reses gone. We need to preserve the best ones.
    To determine what reses get kept, it should be a community vote on site.
  12. The derelict policy is enforced. Residences are automatically cleared as necessary - and is linked directly to how many people complete the tutorial. If we could afford to not have a derelict policy. we would, so don't complain about us keeping some of those residences around a bit longer
  13. Maybe without use flags, since people might not WANT others in certain areas because it looks bad.
  14. I like the idea, however don't bring it to smp1 as they already have a (outdated) graveyard or smp2 (they have the park). You could bring it to any other of the servers though
  15. I could have worded "actually enforce the derelict policy" a little bit better. My last paragraph wasn't meant to be a complaint, just a user experience. (Which granted was more than a year ago.) And I certaintly wasn't advocating getting rid of the policy.
  16. Why don't we have the pool anymore :(
  17. Pool? Never heard of a pool? Might be to EMC young to know :p
  18. Yup. Used to be on smp1 and it had a design on the floor that said empire minecraft and had big diving boards. It was awesome :(
  19. Oh Cool, I have suggested many times that each SMP should have something unique to increase visitors.
  20. Mr Cow managed to forget about GameKribJeremy no longer being staff and it went derelict. >.<
    JabrZer0 likes this.